Apply for Scholarships
Apply for scholarships online between February 1 - March 31 for the following academic year.
About Applying for Chemeketa Scholarships
- You will be applying in February/March for the following academic year beginning fall term
- If you are not a current student at Chemeketa, apply for admission
- Before applying, you will need to either have applied for FAFSA or ORSAA to obtain your estimated family contribution (EFC) score
- If you are already enrolled in classes at Chemeketa, be sure your major or program of study is current in our records
- If you are not sure about your major or program of study, indicate your intent and write about it in the essay section of the application
- Foundation scholarships are open to all students, including students without a social security number
- Scholarships are awarded based on merit or need
How to Apply
You only have to fill out one application to qualify for more than 100 scholarship funds. Applications are accepted February 1 through March 31. This is the ONLY period you can apply for scholarships. Late applications will not be considered.
In February and March, complete your scholarship application located in My Chemeketa.
- Log into my.chemeketa.edu
- Select the Services tab
- Select Scholarships & Resources from the menu on the right
- Click on Foundation Scholarships
- Eligibility depends on complete answers to all questions
To begin preparing for the application, you can view the essay questions and helpful tips at any time.
Scholarships are awarded each year beginning at the end of May. The Foundation will continue awarding first-round scholarships through July. Students are encouraged to continue checking their My Chemeketa email account weekly for a scholarship notification through the beginning of fall term as scholarships will continue to be reoffered throughout the year.
Expectations of Scholarship Recipients
You are required to write a personal thank you note and submit a photo if you receive a scholarship. These details will be sent to you with your award notification email through My Chemeketa.
You will be expected to maintain your scholarship requirements including enrollment level and grade point average to keep your scholarship each term.
For more details on preparing these documents please see the following documents -