Out-of-state academic student complaint procedure

In compliance with the Higher Education Opportunities Act of 2008, the U.S. department of Education (USDOE) conducted a Negotiated Rule Making Process in 2010, and institutions offering distance education must provide enrolled and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with its accrediting agency and with the appropriate state agency for handling complaints in the student's state.

It is recommended that students taking online classes at Chemeketa Community College first pursue their concerns with Chemeketa’s program areas. Students taking online classes at Chemeketa Community College who reside out-of-state should follow the Grievance Procedures to resolve concerns as noted in the Student's Rights section of the Student Rights & Academic Policies. This procedure does not apply to any other dispute.

Any other complaint about college services, programs, or activities not addressed in the Student Rights Section of the Student Rights and Responsibilities Policy should be put in writing via the Chemeketa Community College Feedback Form.

Concerns involving harassment or discrimination by a college staff member on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and other related conditions, citizenship status, veteran’s status, marital status, age, disability, or family relationships should be directed to the college’s Director of Human Resources/Affirmative Action officer at 503.399.4784.

If after following the college's procedure, the issue cannot be resolved internally and the student seeks additional resolution, students can refer to the contacts below for the appropriate state agency or accrediting body.

Chemeketa Community College is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). Information regarding their complaint process can be found on the NWCCU website.

Students may also contact the Oregon Department of Community Colleges and Workforce Development (CCWD) by phone at 503.947.2428 or by e-mail.

Complaint process report