Chemeketa Community College is regionally accredited through the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
Regional accreditation of postsecondary institutions is a voluntary, non-governmental, self-regulatory process of quality assurance and institutional improvement. It recognizes higher education institutions for performance, integrity, and quality to merit the confidence of the educational community and the public.
Accreditation or pre-accreditation by a postsecondary regional accrediting agency qualifies institutions and enrolled students for access to federal funds to support teaching, research, and student financial aid.
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality evaluated through a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding an institution’s accredited status by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact: Accreditation Liaison Officer, Deborah Sipe, 503.399.6145.
The following documents report the status of Chemeketa's ongoing work to create exceptional learning experiences.
Year Three Evaluation Report
- 2014.07 - Ad Hoc Peer Evaluation Report (Commission Confirmation)
- 2013.06 - Response to Concern 1-Ad Hoc Peer Evaluation Report
- 2013.04 - Ad Hoc Peer-Evaluation Report
- 2013.02 - Year Three Self-Evaluation Response to Recommendation
- 2012.05 - Year Three Evaluation
- 2012.05 - Year Three Evaluation Accreditation Commendations-Recommendation)
- 2012.03 - Year Three Self-Evaluation Report
2013 Annual Reports
- 2013 IPEDS Finance AY2011 Submission
- 2012.07 - Year Three Reaffirmation of Accreditation
- 2011.03 - Chemeketa Standard One
- 2006.07 - Affirmation of Accreditation