Take care of yourself
Safety of employees and students, by college policy, is a major consideration of the college. However, everyone has a role in maintaining a safe learning environment.
The college has developed emergency procedures that outline basic actions you can take when facing an emergency.
Adhering to a few simple guidelines assures the continued safety of everyone on campus:
- Avoid walking alone during evening hours
- Park in well-lit areas
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Scan the interior of your parked car before entering
- Do not leave personal items unattended, either in parked vehicles or college buildings
- If appropriate, contact the Public Safety Office for an escort to a parked vehicle
- Notify Public Safety at 399.5023 of suspicious activities or people