Small Business Management Program - Now Accepting Applications for Fall
Is your business running your life?
You're the owner of an established business and there are times when your business and life feel out of balance, out of control.
You're in the office too much and you hardly see your family and friends. Money is tight and it's hard to remember why you started doing this in the first place. You're not sure how to get help – and you don't feel comfortable asking.
You believe that it will get better if you just work harder. You've tried reading books and learning from experience. Instead of feeling enthusiastic, you're overwhelmed and run out of steam. It might be good to take a class, but you're pretty sure you don't have the time or money.
The missing link
It is critical to step outside of your day-to-day tasks to work "on" your business, not just in your business. You don't have to do it all alone. You can feel more empowered and confident by making an investment of time and attention in yourself and your business.
Empowerment. Balance. Hope.
The Small Business Management (SBM) program helps you find the balance you crave between life and work. It helps you rediscover enthusiasm for your work that you felt when you first started your business.
We don't talk at you. We don't tell you what to do. We're here to work beside you and treat you as the expert on your business. We want you to feel empowered to stretch and grow. The SBM program is a safe environment to try new things and share your successes and challenges with other experienced business owners.
- Experience increased efficiency, profitability and accountability through monthly one-on-one business coaching sessions tailored to your individual needs
- Discover how to work "on" your business rather than "in" it through interactive learning sessions
- Enjoy networking and exchanging ideas with other successful business owners
- Special note to contractors: this qualifies for the 8 hour electives portion of the CCB mandatory continuing education requirements
And there is More!
- Opportunity to join the SBM Retail Focus Group that meets monthly to share resources, ideas and education specific to retail business owners.
- Opportunity to join the SBM Manufacturing Focus Group that meets monthly to share resources, ideas, and education specific to manufacturers.
- SBM qualifies for the 8 hour portion of the (contractors) CCB mandatory continuing education requirements.
Is this you?
SBM is ideal for established small business owners (1-50 employees) whose businesses are at least one year old (1-35+ years in business) throughout the Willamette Valley. Service, retail, contractors, professionals, and manufacturing businesses have all benefitted from the SBM program. Most importantly, if you have a willingness to try and learn new things, you're a great fit for SBM.
Want to know more?
Dates: Nine-month program (October-June) usually on the first Thursday of each month
Time: 9am - noon
Place: Chemeketa Center for Business & Industry in Downtown Salem
SBM Program Director and Coach: Lori Cegon has over 25 years of experience working with businesses in the Willamette Valley. She is also a small business owner just like you. Her background in management, and leadership development, human resources and business ownership makes her uniquely suited to support the variety of challenges you as a small business owner encounter every day.
$700 for a business owner, ($2,535 value)
$125 for an additional key person from your business
Choose from two payment options: One-time payment of $700 or two installments of $350 due July 30th and October 9th
You can make your tuition payment(s) by phone (credit card) or mail (check)
Read through what other successful business owners are saying about the Chemeketa Small Business Management (SBM) Program and join other established and successful business owners like you who want to improve their business and lives by participating in Small Business Management (SBM).
To discuss if SBM is right for you, e-mail Lori or call 503.316.3237.
Move forward today by completing an SBM Application. Print and submit to: Attn: Lori Cegon, Chemeketa SBM, 626 High Street NE, Suite 210 Salem, OR 97301 or Fax 503.581.6017.