Process and information
- (Applies to all Purchase Order transactions unless specifically provided otherwise on the front of the Purchase Order.)
Insurance and Supplementary Contract Conditions
Limitations of Authority
Procurement Services is responsible for issuing purchase orders for most purchases made on behalf of the College for amounts of $1,000 or greater. Designated College staff may purchase items under $1,000, using a College Check Request form. Suppliers shall not accept purchases over $999.00 either on one Check Request form or by dividing orders between two or more Check Request forms. Any time a supplier assumes the responsibility of providing goods or services to the College without referencing the appropriate Purchase Order or Check Request number, supplier also accepts the probability of the College refusing to acknowledge the transaction and refusing to make payment.
In order to ensure appropriate College authority to expend funds, and to assist in prompt payment for goods and services, the supplier should accept orders of $1,000 or greater only from the Chemeketa Procurement Services office on a College Purchase Order or similar acquisition instrument.
College policy #6230 delegates authority to those positions responsible for entering into contractual agreements on behalf of the College. Only the president, vice president/chief financial officer, assistant chief financial officer, or their authorized representatives may enter into contractual agreements for the College.
College procedures for orders less than $1,000 are –
- Designated staff member determines the price, delivery terms and supplier for goods and/or standard services needed
- Designated staff member provides the supplier with the order number (Check Request number), and their name
- Supplier provides the material or service according to the agreed-upon terms and conditions
- Supplier invoices the College with the order number (i.e., Check Request number), and the staff member's name is noted on the Check Request
Some instances may occur whereby the order is "called in" (i.e., e-mailed, faxed, telephoned, mailed etcetera). In such cases, the supplier should request the caller's name and department, as well as the Check Request number. It is the supplier's responsibility to clarify all costs, including freight terms, delivery, etcetera. To not do so may cause delays in payment.
Anytime a supplier assumes the responsibility of providing goods or services to the College without referencing the appropriate Purchase Order or Check Request number, supplier also accepts the probability of the College refusing to acknowledge the transaction and refusing to make payment.
Building 2, Room 202
4000 Lancaster Drive NE
P.O. Box 14007
Salem, OR 97309