Year-Round Driver Education Classes
- Meets Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) requirements
- NEW! Passing our program now waives the DMV drive test for eligible
- ODOT certified instructors
- 34 hours of classroom instruction
- 12 hours of behind the wheel training
- Serves students ages 15 and older, including adults
Please find more information in about our program in our brochure!
Driver Education Course Cost
- $205 for qualifying students with the low/no income subsidy program (see below)
- $280 for students under 18 (and do not turn 18 during the course) who
have only a learner's permit.
- $500 for students who are 18 (or turn 18 during the course) and have a
learner's permit or any student with a driver license.
Payment is accepted in the form of
- Money Order
- VISA/Master Card
Please call the driver education office at 503.584.7541 to make credit card payments
Credit card payments can be made after the application has been submitted
Driver Education Course Registration
Class enrollment is limited and pre-registration is required. All classes
must have at least 10 students to run a class.
- Download and complete the Driver Education Summer Term Application form
- Application will be accepted for summer as follows:
- Summer Session 1 4/20-6/10
- Summer Session 2 4/20-7/22
- Payments will start being processed on/after May 19
- Include a photocopy of valid learner’s permit or driver’s license (visible front side only)
- Submit required materials (application form, front copy of
permit/license, and payment) one of the following ways:
- Mail to the address below or
- Fax to: 503.399.5262
Low/No Income Subsidy Program:
There is a $75 State subsidy program for students that qualify for the Free and Reduced lunch program, SNAP or TANF programs. Show eligibility letter from the school district, from SNAP or from TANF. Home school students can qualify through the school district they are in.
(This benefit applies only to students under 18 years of age and without a license.)
Required Driver Education Orientation:
A required Driver Education parent/student orientation will be held the first hour of the first day of
class; parents are required to attend this orientation for students under the age of 18.
Chemeketa Driver Education
306 NE Norton Lane
McMinnville, OR 97128