Year-Round Driver Education Classes
- Serves students ages 15 and older, including adults
- 34 hours of classroom instruction
- 12 hours of in-car training
- 6 hours of driving
- 6 hours of observation
- Textbooks and reference materials
- ODOT certified instructors
- Meets Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) requirements
- The DMV drive test may be waived for students ages 15-17 who successfully pass the course
Driver Education Cost
- $500 for students who are 18 (or turn 18 during the course) or older, any student with out of state learners permit, or any student with a driver license.
- $280 for students under 18 (and do not turn 18 during the course) who
have only a Oregon learner's permit. (Cost reflects ODOT discount)
- $205 for students under 18 who qualify for Oregon's low/no income subsidy program (Cost reflects Oregon low/no income subsidy discount)
Low/No Income Subsidy Program
Oregon offers a $75 discount for students who qualify for SNAP , TANF or free and reduced lunch programs lowering the cost to $205 as shown above. To qualify for this discount, please submit an eligibility letter from SNAP, TANF or your school district. Home school students can qualify through the school district they are in.
(This benefit applies only to students ages 15-17 without a license.)
Driver Education Registration
Summer Term applications are currently being accepted
Class enrollment is limited and pre-registration is required. All classes
must have at least 10 students to run a class.
- Download and complete the Summer 2016 Application
- Mail or fax the completed enrollment application, payment and a photocopy of the student's instruction permit or driver license (front side only)
Payment accepted in the form of-
- Money Order
- VISA, Master Card, American Express, Discover
To pay via credit or debit card, please call the Driver Education office at 503.584.7541. Card payments can be made after the application has been submitted.
Chemeketa Community College
Attn: Driver Education Program
306 NE Norton Lane
McMinnville, OR 97128
Required Driver Education Orientation
A required Driver Education parent/student orientation will be held the first hour of the first day of
class; parents are required to attend this orientation for students under the age of 18. The first class meeting is mandatory for all students registered in the class.