Year-Round Driver Education Classes
- Meets Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) requirements
- The DMV drive test may be waived for students 15-17 years old with a valid Oregon permit who successfully pass the course.
- ODOT certified instructors
- 34 hours of classroom instruction
- 12 hours of in-car training
- 6 hours of driving
- 6 hours of observation
- Serves students ages 15 and older, including adults
Please find more information in about our program in our brochure! (winter brochure coming soon)
Driver Education Course Cost
- $205 for qualifying students with the low/no income subsidy program (see below)
- $280 for students under 18 (and do not turn 18 during the course) who
have only a Oregon learner's permit.
- $500 for students who are 18 (or turn 18 during the course), any student with out of state learners permit, or any student with a driver license.
Payment is accepted in the form of:
Winter term payments will start being accepted/processed on/after December 8th
- Money Order
- VISA, Master Card, American Express, Discover
Please call the driver education office at 503.584.7541 to make credit card payments
Credit card payments can be made after the application has been submitted
Driver Education Course Registration
Class enrollment is limited and pre-registration is required. All classes
must have at least 10 students to run a class.
- Download and complete the application form:
- Include a photocopy of valid learner’s permit or driver’s license (visible front side only)
- Submit required materials (application form, front copy of
permit/license, and payment) one of the following ways:
- Mail to the address below or
- Fax to: 503.399.5262
Low/No Income Subsidy Program:
There is a $75 State subsidy program for students that qualify for the Free and Reduced lunch program, SNAP or TANF programs making the cost $205 as show above. Show eligibility letter from the school district, from SNAP or from TANF. Home school students can qualify through the school district they are in.
(This benefit applies only to students under 18 years of age and without a license.)
Required Driver Education Orientation:
A required Driver Education parent/student orientation will be held the first hour of the first day of
class; parents are required to attend this orientation for students under the age of 18. The first class meeting is mandatory for all students registered in the class.
Chemeketa Yamhill Valley Campus
306 NE Norton Lane
McMinnville, OR 97128
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday: 11:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Friday: 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.