Complaints and Concerns

Chemeketa strives to provide a safe place for people to learn. If you are experiencing an issue, please let us know through one of methods below.

For immediate help in an emergency call
  • 911 for law enforcement, medical or hazard assistance
  • Chemeketa public safety at 503.399.5023

Reporting Methods for Concerns

Appeal a grade

Students are encouraged to maintain frank and open communication with their instructor concerning their progress and performance throughout the duration of the course.

  1. When a student believes that he or she has been given an inappropriate grade, the student will speak directly with the instructor no later than four (4) weeks after the end of the academic term of the disputed grade.
  2. If satisfaction is not received with the instructor, the student may appeal no later than six (6) weeks after the end of the academic term of the dispute.
  3. The student will submit a “Grade Appeal” form.
  4. The form should be submitted to the Executive Dean of Students office where it will be forwarded to the appropriate Academic Dean/Director.
  5. The Academic Dean/Director will review both the instructor’s and student’s facts related to the grade appeal (tests, papers, reports, participation, etc.).
  6. At the end of the review, the Academic Dean/Director will contact the student with their decision. The Academic Dean/Director’s decision shall be final and will be forwarded in writing to the instructor and student within thirty (30) calendar days of the receipt of the “Grade Appeal” form.
  7. The Academic Dean/Director will keep a copy of the appeal for one year.

Instructional Concerns and Complaints

If you have instructional concerns or questions, we encourage you to contact your instructor first to allow them the chance to address your concerns. If you have done this without satisfaction, please contact the academic dean for that field of study.

For help identifying which dean to contact, please contact the Office of the Executive Dean of Students by email or phone 503.399.5076

Concern about a student

If you are concerned about a student who may need assistance or believe a student has violated the student code of conduct, you can submit the student concern reporting form, or contact—

Office of the Executive Dean of Students
Bldg. 3, Rm. 272 (Salem Campus)

The Office of the Executive Dean is where you can seek support, guidance and referrals and resources to meet your needs or address your concerns.

Student rights and the process for resolving conflicts are described in our Student Rights and Responsibilities document.

Sexual harassment, discrimination and violence

If you have experienced sexual harassment, discrimination, assault, dating or domestic violence or stalking, you can submit the sexual misconduct reporting form or contact—

Students & Employees

Vivi Caleffi Prichard, Title IX Coordinator
Salem campus, Building 2, Room 215


Manuel Guerra, Deputy Coordinator
Salem campus, Building 2, Room 176


Alice Sprague, Deputy Coordinator
Salem campus, Building 2, Room 214

Questions about what constitutes sexual harassment, assault, and sexual violence? Learn more about sexual misconduct.

Harassment or discrimination (non-sexual)


If the issue is between students or a student and an employee, please contact—

Office of the Executive Dean of Students
Building 3, Room 272 (Salem campus)


Alice Sprague
Building 2, Room 214

If HR has a conflict of interest, contact—
Andrew Bone
Building 2, Room 216

Rebecca Hillyer
Building 2, Room 215 (Salem campus)

Financial aid complaints

Disability/accessibility issues

To file a confidential complaint regarding accommodating the needs of people with disabilities, contact—


Karen Alexander
Bldg. 2, Rm. 174 (Salem campus)


Executive Dean of Student Development
Bldg. 3, Rm. 272B


Alice Sprague
Human Resources, Bldg. 2, Rm. 214 (Salem campus)


To report a crime or a person you consider potentially dangerous, contact—
Public Safety Office
503.399.5023(24-hour hotline)
Call 911 if there is immediate danger

General concerns or feedback

You may complete this form to submit concerns or feedback that do not meet the above criteria. This form is not confidential. Please include your contact information and we will try to get back to you within two business days.