You should have your transcripts evaluated -
- If you have course work at another regionally accredited college you believe may count toward your Chemeketa degree or certificate
- If you have met prerequisite requirements at another college for a Chemeketa program
- If Financial Aid has requested you have your transcripts evaluated
- If you are attending Chemeketa using Veteran Affair's (VA) benefits
Transcripts will not be evaluated until all requested transcripts arrive and the Request for Evaluation and Transfer of Previous Credit form is completed. Evaluations are done on a first-come, first-served basis from the time all transcripts and the request form are received in Enrollment Services. Turnaround time is dependent upon the volume of requests and other factors such as end of term awarding or limited enrollment application periods.
Chemeketa only accepts credits from institutions that are regionally accredited by one of the following accrediting agencies -
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Association of Colleges and Schools
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Standards for Acceptance of Credit
Only lower division collegiate coursework from regionally accredited institutions will be accepted.
Military credit is transferred according to American Council on Education (ACE) Recommendations.
Whenever possible a direct equivalent will be assigned for transfer coursework and the equivalent will appear on your unofficial transcript. When there is not a near-equivalent course, the course will be used as an elective and assigned a 1XX or 2XX within the appropriate subject area.
Frequently Asked Questions are answered on our FAQ page.
If you have additional questions, e-mail Transcript Evaluation . Please include your Name and K# as well as your question(s). All responses will be sent to your My Chemeketa e-mail address.
Our office is located in Building 2, Room 200, Window 12 on the Salem campus.