International College Credit Transfer

To transfer credits from an international college or university to Chemeketa –

In order to receive credit from an international institution toward a Chemeketa degree or certificate, it is your responsibility to have your transcripts translated and a course-by-course evaluation completed. The translation and evaluation must be completed by a service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. We recommend Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc (ACEI).

Be aware that international credits most often transfer only as elective credit in various subject areas rather than specific courses at Chemeketa.

1. Complete the Application for Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials. You will need to obtain three official copies of your transcript. Two copies will need to be sent to ACEI (address below) with your application (step 2 below).

Academic Credentials Evaluation, Inc.
9461 Charleville Boulevard Box 188
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Telephone: 1.310.275.3530
Fax: 1.310.275.3528

2. Complete the application form and request a “comprehensive report” (Course-by-Course with Grades & Course Levels). The cost for a course-by-course evaluation is included in the application material. Be sure to include the fee for this service. Allow one month for the company to complete the evaluation. Request that the company send the results and your transcripts to –

Chemeketa Community College
Enrollment Center
PO Box 14007
Salem, OR 97309-7070
Telephone: 503.399.6589
Fax: 503.399.3918

3. Complete a Request for Evaluation and Transfer of Previous Credit form and submit to the Enrollment Center (Building 2, Room 200)

4. Once your transcripts are evaluated, you will receive an e-mail in your My Chemeketa e-mail account informing you that the process is complete and how to view the credits transferred on your Chemeketa transcripts.