Our mission is to assist people through academic, career, and life transitions, as well as to empower individuals through knowledge, career preparation and personal effectiveness.
Advisors and counselors work closely with specific programs and transfer universities. Check the programs & specialty areas page to find a counselor or advisor connected to the program or transfer school that you are interested.
New student advising –
Advising for current students –
Advising appointments are 30-minute sessions. Please come prepared with all your personal academic information (e.g. transcripts from all colleges attended, term by term plan previously completed with an advisor, placement test scores, etc.)
Make an appointment by —
- Scheduling through ChemeketNET within your MyChemeketa account
- Click here to learn how to schedule an appointment
- Visit the Peer Assistant desk in Bldg. 2 on the Salem campus for help scheduling through your own account
- Phone 503.399.5120
- Visit the Information desk in Bldg. 2 on the Salem campus
- E-mail advising with the following information
- Your student ID (K#)
- Use your student Gmail address (email@example.com) as your return e-mail address
- List all actions that you want taken (eg. placement test hold lifted) and the reason for the action (eg. you have college transcripts from another college).