Advising Sessions for New Students
New student advising can help you plan and register for classes, understand your placement test scores, access student services and learn more about attending Chemeketa.
Summer Term (Term begins June 26, 2017)
Advising sessions for new students beginning summer term 2017 are scheduled from May 8 - June 12, 2017.
New Student Registration will begin on May 16, 2017 for summer term classes.
Fall Term (Term begins September 25, 2017)
Advising sessions for new students beginning fall term 2017 are scheduled from July 10 - September 19, 2017
New Student Registration will begin on August 2, 2017 for fall term classes.
Register for a New Student Advising Session
Attending your Advising Session
- Held in Advising & Counseling Bldg. 2, Rm. 115 (Salem)
- Driving here? Pick up your free visitor parking pass (required) at the information booth outside building 2
- Sessions start on time – no late entry – seating is limited
- Arrive 15 minutes early if you need help getting your My Chemeketa login information, placement test scores and student ID number (K#)
Arrive Prepared with the Following Items
- ACCUPLACER placement test scores
- Username and password for My Chemeketa
- Arrive early if you need help finding this information
- Unofficial transcripts if transferring in from another college
- Bring all of the following that apply to you: completed CLEP, Advanced Placement,
International Baccalaureate, classes completed during high school
- It is highly recommended to have all previous credit classes or tests officially transferred to Chemeketa prior to attending a new student advising session
- Refer to the
transcript evaluation page for how to transfer your credits