We support Chemeketa students and alumni through all stages of their career development – assisting with job search skills and strategies that enhance workforce readiness through collaborative partnerships with instructors and employers.
Monday-Friday. 8 am to 5 pm; Closed Fridays during July and August
Building 2, Room 115
E-mail or call 503.399.5026
Yamhill Valley Campus
New hours coming soon!
Building 1, Main Lobby
E-mail or call 503.472.9482
- Career Services
- Cooperative Work Experience
- Occupational Skills Training
We connect Chemeketa students & alumni with employers and the opportunities they offer.
Get help finding a job now or after you graduate - utilize our free services-
- CareerLink, our online job database
- InterviewStream, web based interview practice
- In person resume, cover letter, application and interview preparation
- Workshops & events
- Advertise your jobs or internships for students and alumni via CareerLink
- Get involved in recruitment activities on campus
- Shape your future employees by participating in campus programs
- Request a presentation or classroom visit
- Schedule a guest speaker from industry
- Arrange special events
- Refer a student or employer
Cooperative Work Experience (CWE) is a program that places students in workplace internships to earn academic credit. You must be at least in the second year of a Chemeketa academic or vocational program. Internships consist of anywhere from 33 to 363 hours in the workplace over the course of one term.
Occupational Skills Training (OST) is an effective, economical program that helps individuals prepare for successful employment. OST is approved for dislocated workers, disabled veterans (Chapter 31), and state vocational rehabilitation and workers' compensation clients.
- Gain work experience and references
- Training targeting skills needed for employment in nearly every industry
- Learn job skills on a work site rather than in a classroom setting
- Flexible and individualized approach to training
- Earn college credits and a certificate of completion from Chemeketa Community College when you complete your training plan
- Open-entry program—start any time of the year
- Available statewide to distance learners