Your Name & Mailing Address
Company Contact or supervisor’s name
City, State, Zip
Salutation (Miss, Ms., Mrs., or Mr.) Names and salutations are very important and personal. It is wise to ask the person you interview with how they prefer to be addressed. Don’t assume! Use Miss as a courtesy before the name of an unmarried woman; Ms. is commonly used when marital status is unknown.
- Thank the interviewer for opportunity to interview with them.
- Indicate date of the interview and position applied for.
(1 space between paragraphs)
- Reinforce why you should be hired.
- Reinforce your strengths and skills.
- May refer to something you found positive or were impressed by.
- Reconfirm again your interest in the position. (If you are not interested in position after interviewing, send a note to thank the interviewer for his/her time.)
- Reinforce that you are looking forward to hearing from them. (If they told you to check back with them, this is where you would inform them that you will contact them on such-and-such a date.)
Write your signature with a black pen.
For more information, please contact the Job Placement Center –
- Phone 503.399.5026
- Fax 503.399.7483
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit us on the main floor in Bldg. 2, Rm 115