Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

How do I receive my accommodations each term?

How do I make an appointment to take a test?

Who needs documentation of a disability?

Any student who needs accommodations because of a condition that places substantial limitations on his/her functioning in an academic setting.

When must this documentation be provided?

Documentation must be provided to the Disability Services office two weeks before the student can receive services.

Where is this documentation kept?

Documentation is kept in a separate confidential file within the Disability Services office and is not part of the student's academic record.*

Why does Chemeketa need documentation of disability?

  • To determine eligibility and effective accommodations for each student
  • To meet funding sources requirements

*This office follows the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Standards.

Contact Us

Salem Campus
Building 2, Room 174
Chemeketa Community College
P.O. Box 14007 Salem, OR 97309
Phone: 503.399.5192
Fax: 503.399.6178