The Writing Center
We invite you to use the free services of the Chemeketa Writing Center –
- Building 9 – in the library
- 503.399.7179 – appointments strongly recommended
- Fall 2013 Hours: 9-6 Monday through Thursday; 12-4 Saturday
- Campus Writing Center CRN Fall 2013: 33183
- Online Writing Center CRN Fall 2013: 34213
We offer the following support for Chemeketa students –
- Computer/software/printing use
In the Writing Center, Chemeketa instructors from writing and other disciplines volunteer their time to work with you on any writing project. We also support faculty in integrating writing into their courses.
We strive to help you become a better writer by helping you review your work. We encourage you to visit us on an ongoing basis as a means of developing your writing skills.
Through individualized tutoring and independent use of this site, you can work on becoming a better writer. Find information and resources here to –
- Build sound writing skills
- Practice effective writing strategies
- Understand academic honesty
- Apply new understanding to your writing
If you find that you need more writing support than can be provided in the few required writing courses you have taken, the Writing Center also offers –
- Customized, one-credit mini courses in
- research and documentation
- Computer lab for composing with word processing, which includes –
- Appleworks for Macs
- Microsoft Word for Window
- Microsoft Word for Mac
- Internet access
- Help in analyzing writing assignments
- Links to online writing labs
- Handout resources on content related to writing are available at the campus lab and on the Internet
Use Quick Answers to learn more specifics about the services available to you.
For more information about the Writing Center, e-mail, stop by or call 503.399.7179.