Online Writing Center
Writing Center faculty and teaching assistants provide written responses to your writing (usually within 48 hours) after you’ve posted it in Blackboard.
Consultants do not edit work, they instruct with the goal of helping you read your own work critically. We can help you -
- Improve sentence structure
- Develop paragraphs
- Focus your thesis
- Document sources
- Much more
Rules for Submissions
- You may submit two times per week
- Attach or copy and paste the assignment
- Tell your tutor one or two specific issues for comments
- List the due date
- Attach or copy and paste a piece of writing consultants can read in 5-10 minutes
- Log on to My Chemeketa to register for the Online Writing Center as a FREE course. In the Add/Drop section, search for "Writing Center."
- Allow a few hours for your registration to appear.
- From My Chemeketa, click on the Classes tab. From that list, click Writing Center Online
- If for any reason the link doesn’t open, go to http://chemeketa-bb.blackboard.com and log in from there.
- Detailed instructions for submissions and reading feedback can be found once you’re inside the Online Writing Center’s course shell.
For More Information
Building 9, in the library
Open Monday-Thursday, 9am - 6pm and Saturday, 12pm - 4pm