We support low-income, first generation college students interested in transferring to a four-year school after Chemeketa. We serve 300 students per year by providing a variety of services designed to help you succeed at Chemeketa and prepare yourself to transfer.
What services do we provide?
The TRiO Program provides a variety of educational opportunities as well as cultural and career activities such as -
- Development of a personalized College Success Plan with each participant
- Hosted campus visits to 4-year universities
- Tuition-free classes: Creating College Success (FYE 105),
Planning College Finances (CG101), 4-yr College Transition (CG225)
- Assistance with scholarship and financial aid applications
- Access to our computer resource center, including printing
- Personalized academic advising
- Calculator lending
- Tutoring in math, science and writing courses
Who is eligible to participate?
- Students with documented disabilities
- Students who meet federal low-income requirements (Pell grant eligible)
- Students who are first-generation college students (neither parent has a Bachelors degree)
We look forward to talking with you. For more information, call 503.315.4293.
TRiO is 100% federally funded at $525,295 annually.