Talent Search & Mentor Program
We are an educational program designed to assist middle and high
school students who are first-generation college bound, from low-income
families, and who have the potential to succeed in higher education.
We provide you with academic, career, social, and cultural opportunities.
Our goal is to increase the number of youth who graduate from high
school and enroll in a post-secondary institution.
Grant funds Chemeketa's TRiO Talent Search through 2020
What services do we provide?
- Visits to college campuses
- Career and vocational exploration
- Cultural enrichment activities
- College prep workshops (college applications, financial aid, scholarships assistance)
- After-school and summer activities
- Family events and activities
- Referrals to support services and community resources
- Some students will meet with a college mentor
- Access to useful resources for students, parents and mentos at School Shelf
Who is eligible to participate?
You are eligible if you are a student at –
and you meet these requirements -
- You aspire to attend college
- Your parent(s) or legal guardian have not received a 4-year college degree
- Your family income meets federal income eligibility requirements
TRiO Talent Search application
Advising and Tutoring Meetings
- North Salem High School: Mondays and Tuesdays in Room 110 from 2:25 pm to 4 pm
- McKay High School : Mondays and Tuesdays in Room 111 from 3 pm to 4:30 pm
- Chemeketa in Building 3, Room 270 Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3 pm to 4:30 pm
- October 13: Oregon State University Preview Day
- November 17: Portland State University Bridges
- December 2: Scholarship Writing workshop at Chemeketa
We look forward to talking with you. For more information, contact Lino Solomon at 503.580.0445.
The TRiO Talent Search program is 100% federally funded.