Financial aid & scholarships
Many types of financial assistance may be available to you as a Chemeketa student including scholarships and federal financial aid. Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible each year, the process can take 6-9 months.
Federal & state aid
Complete your yearly FAFSA to determine if you qualify for federal or state aid.
Grants – These do not have to be paid back.
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Oregon Opportunity Grant
- Academic competitiveness
Loans – These have to be paid back with interest.
- Federal Perkins Student Loan
- Federal Subsidized Stafford Loan
- Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- Federal PLUS Loan for parents
- Short-term loans for textbooks
Student Employment –
Additional types of aid
Scholarships – These are often based on merit and do not have to be paid back.
Tuitions Waivers – If you qualify, you do not have to pay full price for tuition.
View our financial aid tutorial for an overview of aid opportunities.