Serving Those Who Served Us
Building 2, Room 200, Windows 6, 7, &8
Customer Services Hours: Monday-Friday, 10 am-5 pm.
Students are seen on a walk-in basis - no appointment is necessary
As part of Chemeketa's Memorial Day 2015 observances, the Veterans' Services office will be closed on Thursday, May 21st. We ask that you plan accordingly.
All Chemeketa campuses will be closed on Monday, May 25 for the Memorial Day Holiday.
Chemeketa Veterans' Services provides the following services:
- Information on the eligibility criteria for the various educational benefit programs administered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- How students can compare the different GI Bill benefit programs they may be eligible for
- Assist veterans and eligible dependents in completing applications for the different educational benefit programs administered by the Veteran's Administration
- The steps new students should follow when first applying for GI Bill benefits
- Information on Chemeketa degrees and programs that are approved for veteran educational benefits
- Information on the regulations and application deadlines for requesting an advance payment of GI Bill benefits
- Information on how you have your schooling at other colleges and your military training evaluated for credit as a Chemeketa student
- Monitoring and reporting to the Veteran's Administration, student's compliance with state and federal regulations in regard to program requirements, grades, prior credit, satisfactory academic progress and program completion and graduation
- Significant winter and spring 2015 dates that may be of interest to students using VA Educational Benefits
- How you may obtain a duplicate copy of your GI Bill Letter or Certificate of Eligibility or your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD-214)
- Information on other Federal benefits available to Veterans, their dependents and family members
- Information on the Educational Aid Fund administered by the Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs
For More Information
If you would like additional information, please contact us at 503.399.5004 or via E-mail. You may also fax us at 503.399.3908.