Serving Those Who Served Us
Building 2, Room 200, Windows 6, 7, & 8
Customer Services Hours: Monday-Friday, 10 am-5 pm.
Beginning July 11th, the college will be closed on Fridays through August 26th.
Students are seen on a walk-in basis - no appointment is necessary
Limited Hours and Services:
From July 18th to July 21st, the Veterans' Services staff will be attending training. While staff will be available to answer questions of a general nature, our customer service hours will be limited to 1pm to 5pm. If the Veterans' Services Customer Service windows are closed you can go to Financial Aid and ask for either Aaron or Cy.
Chemeketa Veterans' Services provides the following services:
- Information on the eligibility criteria for the various educational benefit programs administered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- How students can compare the different GI Bill® benefit programs they may be eligible for
- Assist veterans and eligible dependents in completing applications for the different educational benefit programs administered by the Veteran's Administration
- The steps new students should follow when first applying for GI Bill benefits
- Information on Chemeketa degrees and programs that are approved for veteran educational benefits
- Information on the regulations and application deadlines for requesting an advance payment of GI Bill benefits
- Information on how you have your schooling at other colleges and your military training evaluated for credit as a Chemeketa student
- Monitoring and reporting to the Veteran's Administration, student's compliance with state and federal regulations in regard to program requirements, grades, prior credit, satisfactory academic progress and program completion and graduation
- Significant spring and summer term 2016 dates that may be of interest to students using VA Educational Benefits
- How you may obtain a duplicate copy of your GI Bill Letter or Certificate of Eligibility or your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD-214)
For More Information
If you would like additional information, please contact us at 503.399.5004 or via E-mail. You may also fax us at 503.399.3908.
‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill."