Serving Those Who Served Us
Building 2, Room 200, Windows 6, 7, & 8
Customer Services Hours: Monday-Friday, 10 am-5 pm.
Students are seen on a walk-in basis - no appointment is necessary
Unemployment Insurance and the Post 9/11 GI Bill:
The 2016 National Defense Authorization Act that was signed into law on November 25th, 2015 prohibits an individual from receiving unemployment benefits while receiving Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits. If you have questions regarding this change, you should contact the Oregon Employment Department at (800) 237-3710 (in-state only).
Chemeketa Veterans' Services provides the following services:
- Information on the eligibility criteria for the various educational benefit programs administered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- How students can compare the different GI Bill® benefit programs they may be eligible for
- Assist veterans and eligible dependents in completing applications for the different educational benefit programs administered by the Veteran's Administration
- The steps new students should follow when first applying for GI Bill benefits
- Information on Chemeketa degrees and programs that are approved for veteran educational benefits
- Information on the regulations and application deadlines for requesting an advance payment of GI Bill benefits
- Information on how you have your schooling at other colleges and your military training evaluated for credit as a Chemeketa student
- Monitoring and reporting to the Veteran's Administration, student's compliance with state and federal regulations in regard to program requirements, grades, prior credit, satisfactory academic progress and program completion and graduation
- Significant spring term 2016 dates that may be of interest to students using VA Educational Benefits
- How you may obtain a duplicate copy of your GI Bill Letter or Certificate of Eligibility or your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD-214)
For More Information
If you would like additional information, please contact us at 503.399.5004 or via E-mail. You may also fax us at 503.399.3908.
‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill."