Serving Those Who Served Us
Building 2, Room 200, Window 11
Customer Services Hours: Monday-Friday, 10 am-5 pm
Students are seen on a walk-in basis - no appointment is necessary
Q. Are VA Education Benefits Taxable?
A. No. Any veterans’ benefits paid under any law administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) should not be reported as income to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). IRS Publication 970, page 7 states: "Payments you receive for education, training, or subsistence under any law administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) are tax free. Do not include these payments as income on your federal tax return."
Feed A Vet Day:
Veterans are invited to join us on Friday, March 14th in building 34, room 100 between the hours of 11am and 3pm. Come by and see old friends, play some games and discover what services are available for Veterans in the local area. Lunch will be served beginning at 1130.
Chemeketa Veterans' Services provides the following services –
- Information on the eligibility criteria for the various educational benefit programs administered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- How students can compare the different GI Bill benefit programs they may be eligible for
- Assist veterans and eligible dependents in completing applications for the different educational benefit programs administered by the Veteran's Administration
- Information on the Educational Aid Fund administered by the Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs.
- Steps to follow when applying for benefits
- Information on Chemeketa degrees and programs that are approved for veteran educational benefits
- Information on the regulations and application deadlines for requesting an advance payment of GI Bill benefits
- Information on how you have your schooling at other colleges and your military tranining evaluated for credit as a Chemeketa student
- Monitoring and reporting to the Veteran's Administration, student's compliance with state and federal regulations in regard to program requirements, grades, prior credit, satisfactory academic progress and program completion and graduation
If you would like additional information, please contact us at 503.399.5004 or via e-mail. You may also fax us at 503.399.3908.