Degrees & Certificates Eligible for VA Benefits

Whether you want to start your bachelor's degree or launch your career you can start at Chemeketa. All degrees and certificates offered at Chemeketa are approved for VA educational benefits

If you qualify for the GI Bill, you can receive benefits for-

  • All classes required to complete your chosen degree or certificate
  • Prerequisite classes required by your placement test scores

When you submit your benefit request each term, Chemeketa Veterans' Services staff will review your class registration and notify you of any classes not meeting benefit criteria. Notify Veterans' Services if you add or drop classes from your schedule since doing this can impact your monthly benefit amount.

Transfer Degrees

If you are enrolled in-

  • Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer Degree (AAOT)
  • Associate of Science Oregon Transfer Degree in Business (ASOT)
  • Associate of Science Oregon Transfer Degree in Computer Science

You may take additional classes at Chemeketa that will transfer to a 4-year college but must provide confirmation that the class applies to the 4-year college's degree. Make sure you have a current advising sheet on file with Veteran's Services if you wish to take more classes than those required for your transfer degree.

Changing Your Degree Program

The VA allows you to change your declared degree or program to another one approved for VA benefits. Changing your program will require that any credit earned here and from other colleges be re-evaluated for the requirements of your new program and then reported to the VA.

To change your Degree program, complete and submit your form to Chemeketa's Veterans' Services-

For More Information

If you would like additional information, please contact us at 503.399.5004 or via e-mail. You may also fax us at 503.399.3908