Obtaining a Copy of Your DD-214

A Report of Separation is generally issued when a service member performs active duty or at least 90 consecutive days of active duty training. Among other things, the Report of Separation contains information normally needed to verify military service regarding eligibility for educational benefits. If you need to obtain a copy of your DD-214, you may use the eVetRecs Request System on the National Archives Website. If you have a Premium Level eBenefits account, you may also obtain a copy using the Defense Personnel Records Information Retrieval System (DPRIS).

For More Information

If you would like additional information, please contact us at 503.399.5004 or via e-mail. You may also fax us at 503.399.3908.