CLEP computerized testing services
You must register/pay for your CLEP test before calling to set up an appointment.
How to register/pay for a CLEP Test:
- Go to: http://clepportal.collegeboard.org/MyAccount
- Create an account / choose and pay for your CLEP test
- Print your registration ticket
- Make an appointment with Testing Services by calling one of the numbers below
- Salem 503.399.6556
- Yamhill Valley 503.316.3240
Please provide primary and secondary forms of identification
- Current passport with name, photograph, and signature
- Valid driver’s license with name, photograph, and signature
- State or Province ID issued by the motor vehicle agency with name, photograph, and signature
- Military ID
- National ID with name, photograph, and signature
- A tribal Card
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship.
The SECONDARY ID must contain either a photo or a signature. Acceptable forms of secondary identification include:
- A current student ID
- A military ID (Common Access Card)
- An unused ID from the primary choices above
Frequently asked questions
What is CLEP?
The College Level Entrance Examination Program, or CLEP, includes general and subject exams. The general exams cover materials in broad areas such as Natural Science, Social Science, and Humanities. The tests allow an individual to demonstrate his or her level of competency no matter when or how the knowledge was acquired. CLEP subject exams cover material included in a number of relatively standard courses taught in colleges and universities throughout the United States. Some of these exams are accepted at Chemeketa Community College, as well as other colleges across the United States, in lieu of course requirements.
Who can take the exam?
The exams are available to anyone pursuing a college degree. If you have taken a CLEP exam and did not pass, you cannot retest on that particular exam for 6 months.
Where are CLEP exams offered?
At Chemeketa, the exams are offered by appointment through Testing Services on the -
- Salem campus Bldg. 2, Rm. 101
- Yamhill Valley campus Bldg. 1, Rm. 203
Chemeketa is an "open" test site which means students do not have to be enrolled in Chemeketa to sit for an exam. There are other sites across the United States.
What is Chemeketa's college CLEP code number?
When taking the CLEP exams or having transcripts sent to a college, the college's CLEP CODE number must be used. Chemeketa's code is 4745.
How much does it cost?
There are two fees: $80 per exam to CLEP, and $35 per exam fee to Chemeketa.
An examinee can pay CLEP by -
- Credit card (American Express, Visa or MasterCard)
- Internet registration at the time of testing
- Check or money order
An examinee can pay Chemeketa by -
- Check or money order (made payable to Chemeketa)
What are the restrictions regarding granting of credit?
Candidates are not eligible to receive credit for an exam if –
- The exam duplicates a course for which credit has already been granted
- The exam is not one accepted by the college where the student enrolls or has transcripts sent
How do I obtain CLEP scores?
You may obtain an official CLEP transcript from –
College Examinations Entrance Board
CLEP Transcript Service
P.O. Box 6600, Princeton, NJ 08541
The request should include name, social security number, date, and place of exam. There is a $20 fee.