Tuition & fees
Coupled with numerous financial aid opportunities, a Chemeketa education is an affordable and smart investment.
The costs cited below are for tuition and general fees. Some classes have fees for online instruction ($50) materials or lab use. All fees for a class will appear totaled together in the 'Tui + Fee' column of the class schedule. Costs for credit classes are calculated on a per-credit basis. Tuition varies depending on your permanent residence.
Payment Due Date: Before the first day of the term or within ten days of registration (whichever is later) to avoid a $25 late fee. Additional late fees will be applied each term on unpaid accounts throughout the term. See more information on the late fees page.
Credit classes for earning a certificate or degree
Tuition and fees for the 2013-14 academic year effective summer term 2013 are -
students: $94 per credit
$80 per credit plus $14 per credit universal fee
- Out-of-State Students: $256 per credit
$242 per credit plus $14 per credit universal fee
- International Students: $256 per credit
$242 per credit plus $14 per credit universal fee plus a non-refundable fee of $265 per term for students attending on an F1 visa. (Students attending on other visa types are charged a non-refundable fee of $75 per term.)
Oregon Student Tuition Calculator*
- You are considered an Oregon student if you have established a permanent residence within the state at least three months before you register for the first time. The college may ask you to provide information proving you meet the residence requirement.
- You are considered an out-of-state student if your permanent address is outside of Oregon.
- You are considered an international student if you are required to have an I-20 immigration document.
Noncredit classes for fun
The cost of most noncredit courses is $3.50 per class hour with a $10 minimum charge. 30 cents per hour universal fee is added to non-credit classes.
College preparation classes ABE, GED, ESL
The fee for ABE/GED classes is $70 per term. For more information, call 503.399.5224.
The fee for non-credit ESOL classes is $70 per term. For more information, call the ESOL office at 503.399.6298.
The fee to take the GED test is $155. For more information, call the Testing Department at 503.399.6556.