GED at Chemeketa Polk
We can help you prepare for your General Equivalency Diploma (GED) tests through our GED testing preparation classes at the Chemeketa Polk Center in Dallas.
GED classes at the Polk Center will continue to be available in both face-to-face and remote Zoom format.
A Welcoming Environment for Earning your GED
Brush up on your academic skills, prepare for your General Educational Development (GED) tests through ged.com, and prepare to transition into college credit courses. We prepare you for four tests covering language arts (writing and reading), social studies, science, and mathematics. Please visit ged.com for additional information on testing, and to learn how to schedule and take your GED tests. GED testing scheduled through ged.com is now available to be taken through PearsonVue on the Polk Center's PearsonVue testing services days in Dallas (days vary
GED Preparation Classes through the Polk Center -
GED preparation classes held through the Polk Center in Dallas:
- Spring term GED class fee - $50
- Spring term dates - March 28 through June 10, 2022
- Class meets in-person or remotely
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30-11:20am
- In-class lab hours Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30-11:20am
- Students need access to internet and a computer/laptop in order to participate in classes (phones or tablets will not work for class participation)
- See admission information below
STUDENTS 18 OR OVER - Must submit the online Admissions Application
Polk 18+ GED Information Sheet
- Apply for admission as a GED seeker
No application fee. Select "for personal enrichment" as your primary reason for attendance. Select "no, just taking classes" when asked if you plan to earn a degree or certificate at Chemeketa.
- Check your email to obtain your Chemeketa student identification number (K#), then claim your student account.
- After you have your K# and have activated your student account, schedule a mandatory GED orientation by contacting Nancy Harper at 503.316.3242.
- Register for classes
STUDENTS 16-17 YEARS - Must complete a paper application shown in link below.
See the Polk GED process and application for students ages 16 or 17 Students must send the completed and signed Underage Approval (16-17) forms with high school/home school authorization to the Polk Center at email@example.com, or by mail.
For more information, contact the Polk Center at 503.623.5567.