Earn a GED
Start on a new path - it is never too late to earn your GED, and we are here to help.
Important Note: The 2014 GED exam series began January 1, 2014. If you did not complete all of you previous GED tests with sufficient scores by this date, you will need to begin testing all over again using the 2014 GED exams beginning January 1, 2014. Also, the entire GED exam is now computerized; the paper option is no longer available.
Chemeketa Dallas Center GED preparation programs
We can help you earn your GED right here in Polk County. In addition to our Dallas GED preparation program for anyone 18 or older (or 16-17, with permission) we offer a youth GED program in Independence as well as a Spanish GED program. Call us at 503.623.5567 to get started.
The GED program in Dallas
In Dallas, you can join either our day or evening GED preparation program. Steps to take -
- Apply for admission
- Attend one of our Intake and Orientation sessions; call 503.623.5567 to schedule. Be sure to bring -
- Chemeketa student ID number from the welcome email after you applied to Chemeketa in Step 1
- $15 testing and application fee
- Voucher or purchase order if you are sponsored by an agency
- Underage Admission Application/Underage Approval Form if you are under 18, signed by you, your parent/guardian, and the school administrator of the high school in the district where you live prior to attending the Intake and Orientation
- Be sure to arrive on time. If you are late and/or do not have these items, you may be asked to attend the next scheduled Intake and Orientation
- Attend our GED preparation classes in the day or evening
- Let us guide you through the registration process for your online test. Begin registration online at www.GEDcomputer.com
- Begin taking the GED tests when you are ready
For more details, read our handout.
Take the official GED exam
Visit www.GEDcomputer.com for instructions on how to begin testing. For step-by-step instructions on how to register, see the handout from GED Testing Service. GED testing is now only available on computer.
GED en español
Spanish speakers can earn a GED in Spanish through Chemeketa Dallas Center. Call 503.623.5567 and check out our services for Spanish speakers.
What is a GED?
If you are 16 or older and have not completed high school, you may earn a GED. The GED is equivalent to a high school diploma from the US and its territories. You earn a GED when you pass its five tests: writing, science, social studies, reading and mathematics.