Get Started at Dallas Center
Find directions below to enroll as a student, earn college credit in high school, earn a GED, or take community classes at Chemeketa Dallas Center.
Not sure what you would like to do? Check out our Getting Started Handout.
Enroll in College
- Attend a Getting Started Workshop, offered several times each term, to learn about becoming a student at Chemeketa Dallas Center. Sign up by calling us at 503.623.5567.
- Apply for admission online. After submitting your application, you will receive a welcome e-mail that includes your My Chemeketa user name and student ID number (K #). Log into My Chemeketa and set up your password.
- Apply for Financial Aid at fafsa.ed.gov. Chemeketa's school code is 003218. Apply as early as possible; the process can take 16+ weeks.
- Take a placement test. Call us at 503.623.5567 to schedule. Have your student ID number ready when you call. NOTE: Preparing for these tests can save you money and time – check out these sample questions. You can also take these tests at the Salem campus.
- View the New Student Orientation, required for all degree or certificate-seeking students before registering for classes: Log into your My Chemeketa account; click on the Student Tab and then the New Student Orientation box to begin.
- Sign up for a New Student Advising Session, offered multiple times throughout the year, by calling 503.623.5567. Space is limited so sign up early. Check in by 2:45 on the day of your session; sessions begin on time and there is no later entry. Bring-
- your placement test scores
- any previous college transcripts
- your My Chemeketa user name and password
Return to college
- If you already have a My Chemeketa account, go into it to make any changes needed to your personal information. For user name or password issues, call technical support at 503.399.7899. Otherwise, apply for admission to get a My Chemeketa account.
- If you need help re-enrolling, set up an appointment with our advisor; call 503.623.5567. To make best use of this appointment, come with any college transcripts you have. If you were a Chemeketa student in the past, bring your student ID number or social security number. Our advisor can help you determine your next steps.
- Follow steps 1-8 as appropriate under Enroll in College above.
Transfer to Chemeketa
Follow steps 1-8 under Enroll in College above. You will learn everything you need to know about transferring to Chemeketa in our Getting Started Workshop, offered several times each term. Sign up by calling us at 503.623.5567.
Take college classes as a high school student
Contact your high school counselor or principal. Chemeketa Dallas Center facilitates several programs through which high school students may earn college credit, including Extended Campus and College Credit Now programs. Find more information on Chemeketa's Dual Credit Programs page.
Earn a GED
Ganar GED en español
We have services to help you earn a GED in Spanish. Call us at 503.623.5567 for more information.
Take a Community Education class
Chemeketa Dallas Center has non-credit offerings that community members may take without being part of a college program. Check our Chemeketa Dallas Center schedule of classes for offerings. Call our office at 503.623.5567, come in to register, or follow the directions on this page either to register online or to mail in a registration form.