Woodburn Adult GED &
Academic Transition Programs
Need help preparing for the GED exam or improving your college-level skills?
Chemeketa Woodburn Center’s Academic Transition Program offers day and evening classes for high school students and adults to help you successfully prepare for your GED exam. If you have your GED or high school diploma, our Academic Transition Program can help you build your college-level reading, writing, and math skills.
High School Program
The high school program offers many of the same benefits listed above. Students earning their GED diploma with the high school program may earn entrance into the Early College Program.
The high school program accepts and pays for students ages 16-20. There are special admission requirements, if you are 17 years old and under.
Please call Elena Martinez at 503.589.7650 for enrollment information.
Adult GED Program
The adult GED Program offers students . . .
- Morning and evening classes for flexible adult schedules
- One-on-one tutoring
- 24/7 access to an on-line academic skill builder
- In-class use of GED textbooks
- Official Practice Tests
- GED Honors Diploma to those scoring a test score average of 650 and above
- Graduate with Cap and Gown
- GED College Transition Scholarship
- Open enrollment
- Accepts students ages 16 and above. 16-year-old and 17-year-old students have special admission requirements. Download and complete "Underage student approval" form from the Chemeketa Forms page.
Academic Transition Classes
Woodburn also offers Academic Transition classes for students wanting to develop their reading, writing, and math skills. The Academic Transition classes are offered in the morning and evening in order to accommodate busy adult schedules. Students who have invested a term in the Academic Transition Program have transitioned into college-level courses with more skill and confidence.
Enroll in Adult GED & Academic Transition Classes:
- Take the CASAS Assessment Testing - by appointment, call 503.981.8820 ($15 testing fee*)
- Attend GED/Academic Transitions Orientation by appointment,
You can expect the following:
- Receive an overview of the program
- Review your CASAS scores and what they mean
- Complete registration paperwork and pay the $70 registration fee*
- Complete the second part of the CASAS testing