Take the next step
The GED (General Educational Development) test is comprised of five separate tests in the subjects of math, social studies, reading, writing, and science. The staff of the Yamhill Valley Academic Transitions are available to help orient you to the process and prepare you in each of these subject areas so you can take the tests with confidence.
GED Prep Class Orientation
The Academic Transitions Center offers an orientation that evaluates your academic strengths and explains the GED process. The cost is $15. The orientation is mandatory for new GED students. Orientations last approximately 3 hours. The following are the steps and dates for upcoming orientations:
COMPLETE THE WEB ADMISSIONS APPLICATION BY:
- Students 18 or over must first obtain a Chemeketa student number by completing the admission form
- Students ages 16 or 17 must bring a signed underage consent form (available to print) to the Yamhill Valley campus main office 5 days prior to the orientation to get their student number assigned
RESERVE YOUR SPOT BY:
- Pay your $15.00 NON-REFUNDABLE orientation fee at the office
- If you are sponsored by an agency, bring in a copy of a voucher for the $15.00 fee.
- Once fee has been paid, sign up for an orientation date. Upcoming dates for Winter Term 2012 are:
- Wednesday, December 7, 2011 at 1 pm
- Monday, January 9, 2012 at 5 pm
- Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 1 pm
BRING THE FOLLOWING TO ORIENTATION:
- Chemeketa K#
- Social Security Number
- Copy of Under Age Consent form (if under 18 years of age)
You will be given a pre-test during the orientation session to highlight areas of study that may need more attention, and the Academic Transitions staff will then help you determine an individualized study program. Please call Jerry Graham at 503.472.0474 for questions.
GED Preparation Classes
There are several classes available at the Academic Transitions Center for preparing for the GED, including math, essay writing, language arts writing, reading, and various self-paced computerized instructional study programs. Classes cost $70 for the term.
GED Test Registration and Official Testing
Official GED testing is available at the Yamhill Valley campus after attending a required testing registration session. Registration is by appointment only. Please call Rod Maskew at the Yamhill Valley testing center at 503.316.3284 or 503.316.3240. The complete test costs $125, payable at the time of registration. A valid driver’s license, DMV photo ID, or government issued ID is required. Actual testing times for the five subject areas of the GED test vary during the term. Please call the office for details. The fee for a re-test is $15 per test.
Find more information on taking the GED through Chemeketa by calling 503.472.0474 or visit the Chemeketa Yamhill Valley campus at 288 NE Norton Lane, McMinnville