Take the next step
The GED (General Educational Development) test is comprised of five separate tests in the subjects of math, social studies, reading, writing, and science. The staff of the Yamhill Valley Academic Transitions are available to help orient you to the process and prepare you in each of these subject areas so you can take the tests with confidence.
GED Prep Class Orientation
The Academic Transitions Center offers an orientation that evaluates your academic strengths and explains the GED process. The cost is $15. The orientation is mandatory for new GED students. Orientations last approximately 3 hours. The following are the steps and dates for upcoming orientations:
COMPLETE THE WEB ADMISSIONS APPLICATION BY:
- Students 18 or over must first obtain a Chemeketa student number by completing the admission form
- Students ages 16 or 17 must bring a signed underage consent form (available to print) to the Yamhill Valley campus main office 5 days prior to the orientation to get their student number assigned
RESERVE YOUR SPOT BY:
- Pay your $15.00 NON-REFUNDABLE orientation fee at the office
- If you are sponsored by an agency, bring in a copy of a voucher for the $15.00 fee.
- Once fee has been paid, sign up for one of the following orientation dates:
- Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 11:00 am
- Monday, June 24, 2013 at 12:30 pm
OBTAIN official governement photo ID:
- Required to begin official testing
BRING THE FOLLOWING TO ORIENTATION:
- Chemeketa K# and/or Social Security Number
- Copy of Under Age Consent form (if under 18 years of age)
You will be given a pre-test during the orientation session to highlight areas of study that may need more attention, and the Academic Transitions staff will then help you determine an individualized study program. Please call Jerry Graham at 503.472.0474 for questions.
GED Preparation Classes
There are several classes available at the Academic Transitions Center for preparing for the GED, including math, essay writing, language arts writing, reading, and various self-paced computerized instructional study programs. Classes cost $70 for the term.
GED Test Registration and Official Testing
Official GED testing is available at the Yamhill Valley campus after attending a required testing registration session. Click here for the list of necessary steps you must follow in order to attend the GED test registration and begin your official GED testing.
Find more information on GED preparation classes call 503.472.0474, for GED testing call 503.316.3240 or visit the Chemeketa Yamhill Valley campus at 288 NE Norton Lane, McMinnville