Advising sessions for new students beginning -
Summer 2014 - May 20 - June 17, 2014
These sessions are designed for students beginning summer term 2014, which beings June 23, 2014. Please check the "steps for new students" handout to prepare for an advising session.
Register for a session through my.chemeketa.edu
Arrive prepared with the following items-
- COMPASS or ASSET placement test scores
- Chemeketa issued user name and password for My Chemeketa
- Arrive early if you need help finding this information
- Unofficial tanscripts if transferring from another college or university and information regarding completed CLEP, Advanced Placement, and International Baccalaureate tests completed during high school.
- Refer to the transcript evaluation page for information regarding the official process.
- Pen or pencil
How can we help?
We provide academic advising throughout the term on an appointment basis only. Academic advising is available as follows –
- Monday through Thursday- 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Friday- 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Schedule an appointment by calling our main office at 503.472.9482.
S.T.O.R.M Advising Workshops
Various workshops are offered multiple times throughout the term. These workshops will outline and answer the general "how to" questions that come up with new and returning students. Space is limited so sign up for a workshop in advance by call 503.472.9482.
Workshop times and dates are subject to change. Please confirm your appointment 24 hours before you arrive with the information desk staff at 503.472.9482.
Click here for STORM Workshop schedule.
Getting Started Workshop-This workshop is designed for future students and will provide an introduction to the following- Admission process, accessing college services, financial aid, programs of study, placement testing, costs, and timelines.
New Student Advising (NSA)- All new students to Chemeketa are required to attend a New Student Advising workshop. This workshop is designed for students who have completed the the 7 steps to enrollment and are ready to begin credit classes. You will meet with an advisor to plan your first term classes, interpret your placement test scores, and learn how to register for classes.
For more information, call 503.472.9482 or visit the Chemeketa Yamhill Valley campus at 288 NE Norton Lane in McMinnville.