Helping Students Navigate through CCN
What are the advantages for students who take CCN classes?
- Cost savings to students and families: students pay only $25 per year for CCN, regardless of the number of classes.
- Priority registration: Students register at Chemeketa based on the number of Chemeketa credits that they have earned and CCN credits count.
- Students get a jump on their post-secondary education, as the credits that are available through College Credit Now are transferable to most community colleges and four-year universities. It is always a good idea to contact the college or university ahead of time to check on the most recent requirements.
- Eases the transition from high school to college: Students have an opportunity to sample college-level courses within the safety net of their high school environment. This in turn boosts confidence and lessens the anxiety surrounding their first on-campus college experience. Receiving a Chemeketa transcript in the mail tells students and their families that they "can do college".
- Chemeketa tutoring services are available to CCN students.
- CCN students have access to Chemeketa library services.
What other opportunities are available through Chemeketa for my students?
What courses are available as CCN at my school? Contact Marlene Hernandez by e-mail or by calling 503.584.7349.