College Credit Now (CCN)
What are the advantages for students who take CCN classes?
- Cost savings to students and families: students pay only $25 per year
for CCN, regardless of the number of classes.
- Priority registration: Students register at Chemeketa based on the
number of Chemeketa credits that they have earned and CCN credits
- Students get a jump on their post-secondary education, as the credits
that are available through College Credit Now are transferable to most
community colleges and four–year universities. It is always a good idea
to contact the college or university ahead of time to check on the most
- Eases the transition from high school to college: Students have an
opportunity to sample college–level courses within the safety net of
their high school environment. This in turn boosts confidence and
lessens the anxiety surrounding their first on–campus college
experience. Receiving a Chemeketa transcript in the mail tells students
and their families that they "can do college".
- Chemeketa tutoring services are available to CCN students.
- CCN students have access to Chemeketa library services.
What other opportunities are available through Chemeketa for my students?
What courses are available as CCN at my school? Contact Marlene Hernandez by
e-mail or by calling