Our Experienced Faculty Will Teach You to:
- Complete the accounting cycle for a small business, both manually and using a current accounting software package
- Analyze the work and make corrections
- Recognize and communicate irregularities needing management attention
- Complete the accounting cycle for a large business with assistance from a senior accountant
- Use communications skills, including reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills, to work individually and as a team member
- Read and analyze financial reports and trends.
- Use technology to compose technical instructions and correspondence
- Identify the functions within a business and how each function interrelates to carry out the objectives of the organization
- Analyze the ethical and legal standards of the profession when choosing a course of action in accounting
- Prepare federal and state documents and reports related to accounting in a timely and accurate manner
Does accounting sound like a career for you? Take a look at our curriculum and prerequisite requirements and the program course descriptions.
For more information, e-mail or call 503.399.5048.