Open at This Time - 2015 Openings IEC has scheduled;
March 16 - 27 With interview & orientation Thursday April 2, 2015 3pm - 4pm at IEC office
July 20 - 31 With interview & orientation Tuesday August 13, 2015 3pm - 6pm at IEC office
Electricians install, connect, test, and maintain electrical systems for a variety of purposes, including climate control, security, and communications. They also install and maintain the electronic controls for machines in business and industry.
- H.S. Diploma (2.0 GPA) or GED (GED score of 255/2300)
- Must submit official, sealed transcripts
- Minimum of one year of high school algebra with a grade of 'C' or better
- HS math equivalent is Math 60 and 70 on a Chemeketa transcript
- Placement into Math 70 on Chemeketa’s math placement test, within the last 12 months
- Must be at least 18 years of age
The work done as an electrician may be strenuous. The working environment varies, depending on the type of job. The work can require considerable standing, bending, reaching and lifting and may be conducted in cramped spaces or at great heights. Apprentices complete a minimum of 8000 hours of on-the-job training to qualify as an electrician.
How much can you earn?
Average Journey-Level Wage is $29.89
Apprentices earn $11.96 per hour to start.
Recommended High School or College Courses
Classroom instruction is combined with on-the-job training to provide the most comprehensive course of study for an apprentice in the electrician trade.
Visit the following links for further information
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!