Our experienced faculty will teach you you the skills it takes to enter a career in law enforcement. Depending on your goals, there are a number of program options to choose from.
Oregon Transfer Degree of Criminal Justice –
- Identify the characteristics of professional integrity and ethical standards for Oregon criminal justice professionals
- Describe and relate the constitutional rights and responsibilities of citizens, offenders, and victims as they apply to state, federal, and procedural laws
- Describe the processes and technology used to gather, investigate, manage, and report information in the criminal justice field
- Identify the legal responsibilities of criminal justice professionals as they relate to cultural diversity and establishing positive community relationships
Basic Law Enforcement Certificate –
- Identify the historical and philosophical evolution of law enforcement in the United States
- Identify and describe the legal foundation for law enforcement officers working under "color of law"
Basic Corrections Certificate –
- Identify the historical and philosophical evolution of criminal justice sanctions and punishment
- Describe the constitutional and statutory foundation for offender treatment within correctional facilities
For more information, E-mail or call 503.399.6239.