Dental Assisting Careers
Dental assistants perform tasks in a dental office ranging from patient care to record keeping. Their duties vary by state and by the dentists’ offices where they work.
The Dental Assistant Program Prepares You to:
- Work with patients to make them comfortable and to prepare them for treatments and procedures
- Prepare the work area and instruments for patient treatment
- Assist dentists during procedures
- Instruct patients in proper dental hygiene
- Process x rays and do lab tasks under the direction of a dentist
- Keep patient records of dental treatments
The helpful staff of Chemeketa’s Career Center can help you find your next job.