Physical Education & Human Performance
Learn to exercise the mind and body
Health courses at Chemeketa support the well-being of students in any areas of study. They encourage lifelong enrichment in all areas of wellness: physical, social, nutritional, intellectual, spiritual, emotional and environmental.
Human Performance (Physical Education) activity courses are available to all Chemeketa students and community members on the Salem campus, online, at Chemeketa community locations, and at other fitness centers in the area.
We offer a variety of one credit fitness and three credit health courses taught by trained professionals. Three credit health courses are open to all Chemeketa students and may qualify as -
- Requirement for the 2 year Chemeketa associates degree (Health & Fitness)
- Elective credits (personal enrichment)
- Credits for a health or human performance major at a 4 year institution
Subjects in health offerings include -
- Community Health
- Health & Fitness for Life
- Human Sexuality
- Nutrition, Weight Control & Fitness
- Personal Health Prevention/Care of Athletic Injuries
- Sports Psychology
- Women’s Health Issues
- Many physical activity courses (see Fitness Classes section)
Human Performance activity courses are available to all Chemeketa students.