Program Requirements & Application
Our 2015 cohort is full and we are no longer accepting applications this year.
The next time we will accept will be in October 2015 for our next cohort. Application will be posted late summer.
- For an approximate cost of the Hemodialysis program click HERE to download
You must meet these minimum qualifications and provide documentation on each to be considered for the hemodialysis program.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States
- Placement into MTH 060 (or completion of MTH 020) or higher
- Placement into RD 115 (or completion of RD 090) or higher
- Placement into WR 090 (or completion of WR 080) or higher
Follow these steps and you will be on your way to earning a Hemodialysis Technician certificate-
- Apply to Chemeketa online and complete the online orientation: Applyonline.chemeketa.edu; complete the new student orientation in your my.chemeketa account
- Take a placement test. For an appointment, call 503.399.6556 for Salem testing and 503.472.9482 for McMinnville testing
- Apply for financial aid online at: financialaid.chemeketa.edu for instructions. Although applying for aid is not required, we strongly encourage you to do so. The process can take up to 16 weeks so be sure to apply as soon as possible
- Apply to the Hemodialysis Technician Program during acceptance dates of each year
Criminal Background Check/Drug Testing
Upon entry into this program, you will be required to pass a criminal background check conducted by a college-approved vendor. If you do not pass the criminal background check, program registration will not
For a list of crimes that could disqualify you from the hemodialysis program click Here
If you are arrested during the time you are enrolled in the program, you must notify the program chair of the arrest. Your status in the program will be reviewed by the program chair and the dean, and a possible outcome of the review may be that you are unable to continue in the program. You may also be required to submit to a 10-panel drug screen urinalysis (UA) and obtain vaccinations.
For more information, please send us an E-mail