Put your heart into your work
Maybe you're a good listener who is interested in making a positive difference with people and in the community. Perhaps you honor diversity and you want to support people in solving their problems.
These are just some of the personal characteristics that can help you find satisfaction in a career in human services.
Students entering the Human Services program choose to earn one of two degrees or a certificate –
- Associate of Applied Science Addiction Studies
- Post-baccalaureate Addiction Counselor Certification
- Associate of Applied Science Social Services
- Non-traditional Health Workers Certification
- For new students entering the program come to the Salem campus -
- Monday, April 21, 5:30-7 pm in Building 3, Room 260
- Friday, April 25, 11:30 am - 1 pm, Building 3, Room 260
- Wednesday, September 10, noon - 1 pm, Building 3, Room 260
- Blackboard CRN 79068 (free) for the online orientation if you cannot attend the face-to-face sessions.
- For post-baccalaureate students interested in the addiction counselor certification
- E-mail the Human Services office or call 503.399.5048 for information on the next orientation
Self-help recovery groups
- PA'NDA Recovery Meetings will resume fall term, 2014.
- Contact Wanda Urban at 503.399.6154 for meeting information
- Meetings held in Building 2, Room 172 on Salem campus
Events: Spring Tea
11:30--1:00 Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Room 210, Building 48 (MAPs Credit Union), Winema Place