Human Services Program
Put Your Heart Into Your Work
Maybe you're a good listener who is interested in making a positive difference with people and in the community. Perhaps you honor diversity and you want to support people in solving their problems.
These are just some of the personal characteristics that can help you find satisfaction in a career in human services.
Students entering the Human Services program choose to earn one of two degrees or a certificate -
- For new students entering the program come to the Salem campus -
- Meet with Counseling and Academic Advising, Building 2, Room 110, 503-399-5120.
- Attend orientation Wednesday, May 6, 5:30-7:00 pm, Building 3, Room 260, Salem campus, or contact Wanda Urban, 503-399-6154
- For students who have earned a Bachelor of Arts or Science, or higher degree and who are interested in the Addiction Counselor Certification Preparation Post-Baccalaureate
- Attend Orientation - Wednesday, February 4, 6 - 7:30 pm, Building 3, Room 260, or contact Wanda Urban, 503-399-6154
- Bring unofficial transcripts & copy of diploma
- For students interested in the Traditional Health Workers Certification
- Attend Orientation - Wednesday, April 29, 5:30-7:00 pm, Building 3, Room 260, Salem campus, or contact Dr. Yolanda Martinez, 503-399-6236
- E-mail the Human Services office or call 503.399.5048 for information if you are unable to attend the orientation.
Self-help recovery groups
- PANDA Recovery Meetings
- AA - Tuesdays 8-9:30 am & Wednesdays
- NA - Tuesdays 9:30-11 am &
- Times will change spring term, 2015
- Contact Wanda Urban at 503.399.6154 for meeting information
- Meetings held in Building 2, Room 172 on Salem campus
May 8, 2015 ---- Advisory Committee Meeting, 11:30 am - 1 pm, Building 48 (MAPs Credit Union)
June 2, 2015 -- Spring Tea, 11:30 - 1:30 pm, Building 48 (MAPs Credit Union, 2nd floor)
For more information, contact the program chair, e-mail the Human Services office or call 503.399.5048.