Human Services Program
Put Your Heart Into Your Work
Maybe you're a good listener who is interested in making a positive difference with people and in the community. Perhaps you honor diversity and you want to support people in solving their problems.
These are just some of the personal characteristics that can help you find satisfaction in a career in human services.
Students entering the Human Services program choose to earn one of two degrees or a certificate -
- For new students entering the program come to the Salem campus -
- Meet with Counseling and Academic Advising, Building 2, Room 110, 503-399-5120.
- For students who have earned a Bachelor of Arts or Science, or higher degree and who are interested in the Addiction Counselor Certification Preparation Post-Baccalaureate
- Attend Orientation - Wednesday, February 4, 6 - 7:30 pm, Building 3, Room 260
- Bring unofficial transcripts & copy of diploma
- E-mail the Human Services office or call 503.399.5048 for information if you are unable to attend the orientation.
Self-help recovery groups
- PANDA Recovery Meetings
- AA - Tuesdays 8-9:30 am & Thursdays 8-9 am
- NA - Tuesdays 9:30-11 am & Thursdays 9-10 am
- Times will change winter term, 2015
- Contact Wanda Urban at 503.399.6154 for meeting information
- Meetings held in Building 2, Room 172 on Salem campus
January 30, 2015 ---- Advisory Committee Meeting, 11:30 am - 1 pm, Building 48 (MAPs Credit Union)
February 20, 2015 -- Practicum Fair, 1 - 4 pm, Building 48 (MAPs Credit Union, 2nd floor)
For more information, contact the program chair, e-mail the Human Services office or call 503.399.5048.