Nontraditional health worker
The increasing complexity of our health care system has created a need for trained professionals who serve as links between community members and the health care system.
Our certificate prepares you to work in three emerging roles in the health care field –
- Community health workers
- Teaches community members chronic disease self-management
- Helps clients navigate the system
- Peer wellness/support specialists
- Works with refugees experiencing related trauma issues
- Health system navigators
- Help people with disabling conditions obtain medical services
Field work (practicum)
If you are completing one of our specialist certifications, you will be placed in a field work practicum.