Chemeketa's Medical Assistant Program prepares you for a wide range of duties in medical offices and other healthcare settings through hands-on laboratory, classroom and online learning as well as placement in clinics working directly with patients and healthcare professionals.
- Credit (but not financial aid eligible) limited enrollment certificate program
- 3 term training program (9 months) beginning Fall term 2014.
- Total tuition/fees for the terms that student will be responsible for paying just for MED classes: $1000.00 Does not include payment for required immunizations or required general education classes.
- Applications for the next cohort will be accepted in August 2014- please click on the "program requirements and application" button to the right for more information!
Admission Requirements: You MUST meet these qualifications to be considered for admission into the Medical Assistant Program.
- Completion with a grade “C” or better of RD 090; or placement into RD 115 or higher on Chemeketa Placement test OR proof of an Associate's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
- Completion with a grade “C” or better of MTH 020; or placement into MTH 060 or higher on Chemeketa Placement test OR proof of an Associate's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
- Completion with a grade "C" or better of WR 080 or placement into WR 090 or higher on Chemeketa Placement test OR proof of an Associate's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
- Copy of High school diploma, GED, or high school transcripts showing completion
- In order to be placed in a clinical facility, there are certain immunizations you must have documentation of AND you must pass a background and drug test.
- Because this is a short term training program, it is condensed and meets for about 34 hours of face to face classroom time a week as well as about 4 hours online. This is almost like a full time job so taking outside classes during this program is NOT recommended.
- Computer knowledge required! Knowledge of online platforms like eLearn and email are required.
This workforce solution was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The solution was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability or ownership.