Why Become a Medical Assistant?
*** Please attend one of our upcoming information sessions to learn about the new application process, and to answer any questions you might have!!***
- Dallas Campus room 103: April 29th 2015, 4-5pm
-Salem Campus Bldg 8 room 112: May 6th 2015, 4-5pm
- Yamhill Valley Campus Bldg 2 room 121: May 21st 2015, 4-5pm
Medical Assisting is a career with endless potential. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, more than 3.6 million jobs created will be in the health care industry. And 8 out of 20 occupations projected to grow fastest are in health care. That's excellent news for health care professionals who work as medical assistants.
The U.S. Department of Labor also recently reported that employment within the medical assisting field is projected to be one of the fastest growing occupations. This exciting statistic shows the growing demand for medical professionals.
In addition, due to changes in healthcare delivery, there is great demand for skilled and competent Medical Assistants who can work independently to provide safe and effective care in fast-paced environments.
Medical Assistant Clinical Duties May Include:
- Assisting with examinations and treatments
- Obtaining medical histories
- Immunizations and injections
- Performing diagnostic tests and laboratory procedures