Why Become a Medical Assistant?
**Please attend one of our upcoming information sessions to learn valuable information about the application process, meet the faculty, and answer questions!***
- October 22nd 2015, 4-5pm Yamhill Valley Campus Bldg 2 room 121
- November 12th 2015, 4-5pm Chemeketa Salem Campus Bldg 8 room 215
-January 11th 2016, 4-5pm Yamhill Valley Campus Bldg 2 room 121
Medical Assisting is a career with endless potential. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, more than 3.6 million jobs created will be in the health care industry. And 8 out of 20 occupations projected to grow fastest are in health care. That's excellent news for health care professionals who work as medical assistants.
The U.S. Department of Labor also recently reported that employment within the medical assisting field is projected to be one of the fastest growing occupations. This exciting statistic shows the growing demand for medical professionals.
In addition, due to changes in healthcare delivery, there is great demand for skilled and competent Medical Assistants who can work independently to provide safe and effective care in fast-paced environments.
Medical Assistant Clinical Duties May Include:
- Assisting with examinations and treatments
- Obtaining medical histories
- Immunizations and injections
- Performing diagnostic tests and laboratory procedures