Program Requirements & Application
**Please attend one of our upcoming information sessions to learn valuable information about the application process, meet the faculty, and answer questions!***
- November 12th 2015, 4-5pm Chemeketa Salem Campus Bldg 8 room 215
-January 11th 2016, 4-5pm Yamhill Valley Campus Bldg 2 room 121
Our next cohort will begin Spring term 2016 (Week of March 28th) Applications are now selected based on our scoring guide and are NO LONGER first come, first served. The next application period will be January 25th-February 12th 2016. Download and print off Spring cohort application below!
Program Requirements -
- High School Diploma/transcripts showing completion, or GED
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Placement into or completion of MTH 060 & RD 115 & WR 090 or higher OR proof of an Associate's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution. Completion of MTH 020, RD 80/85 or RD 90, and WR 080 with a "C" or better will place you into the above requirements.
- Pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Documentation of certain immunizations and shots
- For a list of crimes that could disqualify you from the program click here
Spring 2016 Cohort Application
- To download and print off the Spring 2016 cohort application click HERE
- The top 30 highest scoring applicants will be offered a tentative spot in the cohort. We will also select 20 alternates from the remaining applicants.
- If you have questions about the application process please contact Renae Burger at Yamhill Valley Campus Bldg 2 programs email
More Important Program information:
- Because this is a short term training program, it is condensed and meets for about 27 hours of face to face classroom time a week as well as about 4 hours online. This is almost like a full time job so taking outside classes/working during this program is NOT recommended.
- Computer knowledge required! Knowledge of online platforms like eLearn and Chemeketa gmail are required.
- For a total cost analysis worksheet of the Medical Assistant program click here
- Apply to Chemeketa online
- Apply for financial aid
Although applying for financial aid is not required, we encourage you to do so. Apply six-nine months before you begin classes
- Complete the online new student orientation in your My.chemeketa account
- Take a placement test
In Salem, placement testing is conducted on a drop-in basis. For questions, please call 503.399.6556
For an appointment in Yamhill Valley call 503.472.9482
- Attend a new student advising session
First time students will have an automatic hold on their account preventing them from registering. You must speak to an academic adviser to have this hold removed each term
- If you are transferring in credits from another institution to fulfill general education requirements you must complete a transfer evaluation
- Submit a completed application during acceptance dates of each year
- Complete your background check and drug test. More information on that at application time
- Attend mandatory orientation and get fitted for your scrubs