Program Requirements & Application
Our next cohort will begin Spring term 2016 (Week of March 28th) Applications are now selected based on our scoring guide and are NO LONGER first come, first served. The next application period will be January 25th-February 12th 2016. Application will be up on the website during fall term.
Program Requirements -
- High School Diploma/transcripts showing completion, or GED
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Placement into or completion of MTH 060 & RD 115 & WR 090 or higher OR proof of an Associate's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution. Completion of MTH 020, RD 80/85 or RD 90, and WR 080 with a "C" or better will place you into the above requirements.
- Pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Documentation of certain immunizations and shots
- For a list of crimes that could disqualify you from the program click here
More Important Program information:
- Because this is a short term training program, it is condensed and meets for about 27 hours of face to face classroom time a week as well as about 4 hours online. This is almost like a full time job so taking outside classes/working during this program is NOT recommended.
- Computer knowledge required! Knowledge of online platforms like eLearn and Chemeketa gmail are required.
- For a total cost analysis worksheet of the Medical Assistant program click here
Spring 2016 Cohort Application
- The spring cohort application will be posted during fall term.
- The top 30 scoring applicants will be offered a tentative spot in the cohort. We will also select 20 alternates.
- If you have questions about the application process please contact Renae Burger at Yamhill Valley Campus Bldg 2 programs email
- Apply to Chemeketa online
- Complete the online orientation in your My Chemeketa account
- Apply for financial aid
Medical Assistant is now financial aid eligible! Although applying for financial aid is not required, we encourage you to do so. The process can take up to 16 weeks to apply as soon as possible.
- Take a placement test
In Salem, placement testing is conducted on a drop-in basis. For questions, please call 503.399.6556
For an appointment in Yamhill Valley call 503.472.9482
- Speak to an advisor
First time students will have an automatic hold on their account preventing them from registering. You must speak to an academic adviser to have this hold removed each term
- Begin working on the general education class requirements- those must be passed with a grade "C" or better
- If you are transferring in credits from another institution to fulfill general education requirements you must complete a transfer evaluation
- Submit a completed application during acceptance dates of each year
- Complete your background check and drug test. More information on that at application time
- Attend mandatory orientation and get fitted for your scrubs