Program Requirements & Application
** Please attend one of our upcoming information sessions where we talk about the application and scoring process, what it's like to be a medical assistant, and answer any questions you might have!**
- Yamhill Valley Campus: November 21st, 2016 3:00-4:00pm Blgd 2 Room 121
-Salem Campus: January 25th, 2017 3:00-4:00pm. Location TBA
The next time we will offer a cohort will be spring term 2017. Applications will be posted after November 1st 2016.
Program Requirements -
- High School Diploma/transcripts showing completion, or GED
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Placement into or completion of MTH 060 & RD 115 & WR 090 or higher OR proof of an Associate's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution. Completion of MTH 020, RD 80/85 or RD 90, and WR 080 with a "C" or better will place you into the above requirements.
- Pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Documentation of certain immunizations and shots
- For a list of crimes that could disqualify you from the program click here
Spring 2017 Cohort Application
- The application will be posted on November 1st 2016.
- The top 30 highest scoring applicants will be offered a tentative spot in the cohort. We will also select 20 alternates from the remaining applicants.
- If you have questions about the application process please contact Renae Burger at Yamhill Valley Campus Bldg 2 programs email
More Important Program information:
- Because this is a short term training program, it is condensed and meets for about 27 hours of face to face classroom time a week as well as about 4 hours online. This is almost like a full time job so taking outside classes/working during this program is NOT recommended.
- Computer knowledge required! Knowledge of online platforms like eLearn and Chemeketa gmail are required.
- For a total cost analysis worksheet of the Medical Assistant program click here
- Apply to Chemeketa online
- Apply for financial aid
Although applying for financial aid is not required, we encourage you to do so. Apply six-nine months before you begin classes
- Complete the online new student orientation in your My.chemeketa account
- Take a placement test
In Salem, placement testing is conducted on a drop-in basis. For questions, please call 503.399.6556
For an appointment in Yamhill Valley call 503.472.9482
- Attend a new student advising session
First time students will have an automatic hold on their account preventing them from registering. You must speak to an academic adviser to have this hold removed each term
- If you are transferring in credits from another institution to fulfill general education requirements you must complete a transfer evaluation
- Submit a completed application during acceptance dates of each year
- Complete your background check and drug test. More information on that at application time
- Attend mandatory orientation and get fitted for your scrubs