Program Requirements & Application
Program Requirements -
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Placement into or completion of MTH 060 & RD 115 & WR 090 or higher OR proof of an Associate's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution. Completion of MTH 020, RD 090, and WR 080 with a "C" or better will place you into the above requirements.
- Pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Documentation of certain immunizations and shots
- For a list of crimes that could disqualify you from the program click HERE
More Important Program information:
- Thanks to partial funding from the Chemeketa CASE grant, tuition/fees for both terms of MED classes that student will be responsible for paying is only $1000!! ($500 each term) Does not include payment for required immunizations, but does cover books, background check/drug test, 2 sets of scrubs, stethoscope, CPR certification and other lab supplies. Also does not apply to required general education classes.
- Because this is a short term training program, it is condensed and meets for about 34 hours of face to face classroom time a week as well as about 4 hours online. This is almost like a full time job so taking outside classes/working during this program is NOT recommended.
- Computer knowledge required! Knowledge of online platforms like eLearn and Chemeketa gmail are required.
Applications for the fall 2014 cohort will be accepted on a first come first served in-person basis at the Yamhill Valley Campus Bldg 2 August 12th-Sep 4th 2014 or until all spots are full.
To download and print off the Fall 2014 application click HERE
If you have questions about the application process or program requirements please contact Renae Burger at Yamhill Valley Campus Bldg 2 programs e-mail
- Apply to Chemeketa online
- Complete the online orientation in your My Chemeketa account
- Take a placement test
In Salem, placement testing is conducted on a drop-in basis. For questions, please call 503.399.6556
For an appointment in Yamhill Valley call 503.472.9482
- Apply for financial aid
The Medical Assistant program is NOT eligible for financial aid from Chemeketa because it is too few credits. If you plan to take other classes in the future or before this program is offered you should still apply.
Although applying for financial aid is not required, we encourage you to do so. The process can take up to 16 weeks to apply as soon as possible.
- Speak to an adviser
First time students will have an automatic hold on their account preventing them from registering. You must speak to an academic adviser to have this hold removed each term
- Begin working on the general education class requirements- those must be passed with a grade "C" or better and have to be taken within the last 10 years
- If you are transferring in credits from another institution to fulfill general education requirements you must complete a transfer evaluation
- Submit a completed application during acceptance dates of each year
- Complete your background check and drug test. More information on that at application time
- Attend mandatory orientation and get fitted for your scrubs
This workforce solution was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The solution was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability or ownership.