Program Requirements & Application
** Please attend one of our upcoming program information sessions to learn about the application process, program expectations, and to answer any questions you have!**
-November 7th, 2017 3:00-4:30pm Salem Campus Bldg 8 room 201
-November 14th, 2017 3:00-4:30pm Yamhill Valley Campus Bldg 2 room 125
-January 17th, 2018 3:00-4:30pm Yamhill Valley Campus Bldg 2 room 125
The next time we will begin a cohort will be spring term 2018. Applications will be accepted January 29-February 9, 2018 and the application will be posted here this fall!
The application and selection process for the fall 2017 cohort has already passed.
- High School Diploma/transcripts showing completion, or GED
- Must be 18 years of age by the time the program begins (September 25, 2017)
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Placement into RD 115 on Chemeketa's placement test. (completion of RD 080/085/090 will also place you in to RD 115) OR proof of an Associate's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution will meet this RD requirement.
- Completion with a grade "C" or better of: HM 120, MTH 060 (or higher, PSY 104, and WR 090 (or higher). Students must have all these classes done in order to be eligible to apply to program
- Accepted students will need to pay for, and pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Accepted students will need to show Documentation of certain immunizations and shots once in the program
- For a list of crimes that could disqualify you from the program click HERE
Spring 2018 Cohort Application and Scoring Guide
- The application will be posted on or before October 20th, 2017
- If you have questions about the application process please send us an email
- For a total cost analysis worksheet please click HERE to download
More Important Program Information
- Because this is a short term training program, it is condensed and meets for about 27 hours of face to face classroom time a week as well as about 4 hours online. This is almost like a full time job so taking outside classes/working during this program is NOT recommended.
- Computer knowledge required! Knowledge of online platforms like eLearn and Chemeketa gmail are required.
- Apply to Chemeketa online
- Apply for financial aid
Although applying for financial aid is not required, we encourage you to do so. Apply six-nine months before you begin classes
- Complete the online new student orientation in your My.chemeketa account
- Take a placement test
In Salem, placement testing is conducted on a drop-in basis. For questions, please call 503.399.6556
For an appointment in Yamhill Valley call 503.472.9482
- Attend a new student advising session
First time students will have an automatic hold on their account preventing them from registering. You must speak to an academic adviser to have this hold removed each term
- If you are transferring in credits from another institution to fulfill general education requirements you must complete a transfer evaluation
- Submit a completed application during acceptance dates of each year