Program Requirements & Application
*** Please attend one of our upcoming information sessions to learn about the application process, program expectations, and answer any questions you have!***
-Chemeketa Yamhill Valley Campus- Monday May 23, 4:00-5:00pm Bldg 2 room 121
-Chemeketa Salem Campus- Wednesday June 1, 4:00-5:00 pm Bldg 8 room 112
The next time we will offer a cohort will be fall term 2016. Applications will be accepted August 1st- 18th, 2016. Please download and print off the application below!
Program Requirements -
- High School Diploma/transcripts showing completion, or GED
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Placement into or completion of MTH 060 & RD 115 & WR 090 or higher OR proof of an Associate's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution. Completion of MTH 020, RD 80/85 or RD 90, and WR 080 with a "C" or better will place you into the above requirements.
- Pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Documentation of certain immunizations and shots
- For a list of crimes that could disqualify you from the program click here
Fall 2016 Cohort Application
- To download and print off the fall application please click HERE
- The top 30 highest scoring applicants will be offered a tentative spot in the cohort. We will also select 20 alternates from the remaining applicants.
- If you have questions about the application process please contact Renae Burger at Yamhill Valley Campus Bldg 2 programs email
More Important Program information:
- Because this is a short term training program, it is condensed and meets for about 27 hours of face to face classroom time a week as well as about 4 hours online. This is almost like a full time job so taking outside classes/working during this program is NOT recommended.
- Computer knowledge required! Knowledge of online platforms like eLearn and Chemeketa gmail are required.
- For a total cost analysis worksheet of the Medical Assistant program click here
- Apply to Chemeketa online
- Apply for financial aid
Although applying for financial aid is not required, we encourage you to do so. Apply six-nine months before you begin classes
- Complete the online new student orientation in your My.chemeketa account
- Take a placement test
In Salem, placement testing is conducted on a drop-in basis. For questions, please call 503.399.6556
For an appointment in Yamhill Valley call 503.472.9482
- Attend a new student advising session
First time students will have an automatic hold on their account preventing them from registering. You must speak to an academic adviser to have this hold removed each term
- If you are transferring in credits from another institution to fulfill general education requirements you must complete a transfer evaluation
- Submit a completed application during acceptance dates of each year
- Complete your background check and drug test. More information on that at application time
- Attend mandatory orientation and get fitted for your scrubs