Program Requirements & Application
** Please attend one of our upcoming information sessions where we talk about the application and scoring process, what it's like to be a medical assistant, and answer any questions you might have!**
-Salem Campus: January 25th, 2017 3:00-4:00pm. Bldg 8 Room 201
The next time we will begin a cohort will be spring term 2017. Applications are posted below, and will be accepted January 30th- February 10th 2017.
Program Requirements -
- High School Diploma/transcripts showing completion, or GED
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Placement into or completion of MTH 060 & RD 115 & WR 090 or higher OR proof of an Associate's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution. Completion of MTH 020, RD 80/85 or RD 90, and WR 080 with a "C" or better will place you into the above requirements.
- Pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Documentation of certain immunizations and shots
- For a list of crimes that could disqualify you from the program click here
Spring 2017 Cohort Application and Scoring Guide
- To download and print off the spring application please click HERE
- To see how your application will be scored, please download the scoring guide and application check list here
- The top 30 highest scoring applicants will be offered a tentative spot in the cohort. We will also select up to 15 alternates from the remaining applicants.
- If you have questions about the application process please contact Renae Burger at Yamhill Valley Campus Bldg 2 programs email
More Important Program information:
- Because this is a short term training program, it is condensed and meets for about 27 hours of face to face classroom time a week as well as about 4 hours online. This is almost like a full time job so taking outside classes/working during this program is NOT recommended.
- Computer knowledge required! Knowledge of online platforms like eLearn and Chemeketa gmail are required.
- For a total cost analysis worksheet of the Medical Assistant program click here
- Apply to Chemeketa online
- Apply for financial aid
Although applying for financial aid is not required, we encourage you to do so. Apply six-nine months before you begin classes
- Complete the online new student orientation in your My.chemeketa account
- Take a placement test
In Salem, placement testing is conducted on a drop-in basis. For questions, please call 503.399.6556
For an appointment in Yamhill Valley call 503.472.9482
- Attend a new student advising session
First time students will have an automatic hold on their account preventing them from registering. You must speak to an academic adviser to have this hold removed each term
- If you are transferring in credits from another institution to fulfill general education requirements you must complete a transfer evaluation
- Submit a completed application during acceptance dates of each year
- Complete your background check and drug test. More information on that at application time
- Attend mandatory orientation and get fitted for your scrubs