Important Deadlines for Fall 2016 Application:
January 8, 2016 - Transfer student deadline to submit transcripts
February 8-12, 2016 - Fall 2016 application submission week
Request for Evaluation and Transfer of Previous Credit
The Nursing Program is replacing the nursing essay with a pre-nursing test as part of the Fall 2016 application process.
- Cost: non-refundable fee of $35
- Note: any holds on Chemeketa student accounts must be cleared to be able to register for the exam.
- What to Study: Kaplan Nursing and Kaplan University School of Nursing, Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exams: Your All-in-One Guide to Getting into Nursing School, Kaplan Publishing, 6th edition, ISBN 9781618656025
- Length of Exam: approximately three hours to complete
- Subjects Covered: reading, math, writing, science and critical thinking
For additional information on the pre-nursing exam, please refer to the Fall 2016 Nursing Program Application.
Effective September 1, 2015, the State of Oregon implemented an electronic process for obtaining fingerprints. The fingerprinting fee is now $64.50 for applying for a license/certification through the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
Please note that the Enrollment Center will not review your application for completeness. For questions and/or help in putting together an application packet, we encourage applicants to meet with a counselor or advising specialist in Building 2 on the Salem campus at 4000 Lancaster Drive NE, Salem OR 97309. Appointments can be scheduled by using ChemekNET.