Important Deadlines for Fall 2017 Application:
January 6, 2017 - Transfer student deadline to submit transcripts
February 6-10, 2017 - Fall 2017 application submission week
Request for Evaluation and Transfer of Previous Credit
The Nursing Program is replacing the nursing essay with a pre-nursing test as part of the Fall 2017 application process.
- Cost: non-refundable fee of $35
- Note: any holds on Chemeketa student accounts must be cleared to be able to register for the exam.
- What to Study: Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exams: Strategies, Practice, and Review, 4th edition, Kaplan Publishing (not available at Chemeketa Bookstores)
- Length of Exam: approximately three hours to complete
- Subjects Covered: reading, math, writing, science and critical thinking
- IMPORTANT: apply for admission for spring term, not fall, as a Personal Enrichment Credit Seeking student, in order to register for the pre-nursing exam in March.
Kaplan Pre-Nursing Exam Dates
- March 30, 2017
- March 31, 2017
- April 7, 2017 - Two sections will be offered
- April 14, 2017 - Two sections will be offered
- Note: Kaplan Exam may only be taken once per year.
Effective September 1, 2015, the State of Oregon implemented an electronic process for obtaining fingerprints. The fingerprinting fee is now $64.50 for applying for a license/certification through the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
Please note that the Enrollment Center will not review your application for completeness. For questions and/or help in putting together an application packet, we encourage applicants to meet with a counselor or advising specialist in Building 2 on the Salem campus at 4000 Lancaster Drive NE, Salem OR 97309. Appointments can be scheduled by using ChemekNET.