Important Deadlines for Fall 2016 Application:
April 13, 2016 - Deadline for transfer students enrolled in another college or university during winter term 2016 and want these courses to be evaluated for points, must submit a second official transcript with the "Request for Evaluation and Transfer of Previous Credit" form.
January 8, 2016 - Transfer student deadline to submit transcripts
February 8-12, 2016 - Fall 2016 application submission week
Request for Evaluation and Transfer of Previous Credit
The Nursing Program is replacing the nursing essay with a pre-nursing test as part of the Fall 2016 application process.
- Cost: non-refundable fee of $35
- Note: any holds on Chemeketa student accounts must be cleared to be able to register for the exam.
- What to Study: Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exams: Strategies, Practice, and Review, 4th edition, Kaplan Publishing (not available at Chemeketa Bookstores)
- Length of Exam: approximately three hours to complete
- Subjects Covered: reading, math, writing, science and critical thinking
- Testing Limit: We are adhering to a Kaplan recommendation; when you are applying to Chemeketa’s nursing program, you have two opportunities to take the test no matter how many times you apply to our program. General education classes may help you to receive a higher score on the Kaplan test. Therefore, it is recommended that you take the test after taking the general education classes.
Effective September 1, 2015, the State of Oregon implemented an electronic process for obtaining fingerprints. The fingerprinting fee is now $64.50 for applying for a license/certification through the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
The Fall 2017 Nursing Application will be available in May.
Please note that the Enrollment Center will not review your application for completeness. For questions and/or help in putting together an application packet, we encourage applicants to meet with a counselor or advising specialist in Building 2 on the Salem campus at 4000 Lancaster Drive NE, Salem OR 97309. Appointments can be scheduled by using ChemekNET.