Basic Nurse Assistant (CNA1/CNA2)
The Basic Nurse Assistant course is a non-credit course normally offered every term (summer, fall, winter, and spring) on Chemeketa's Salem campus as a night class 3 nights per week (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday) from 4:00 - 9:30 pm. Please note the new time for the spring course.
Spring 2015 Basic Nurse Assistant Application- Salem Campus
Accepting completed spring term applications beginning February 2 - March 10, 2015. Enrollment is limited to 10 students spring term on a first come, first served basis.
Spring term begins March 30, 2015 - June 13, 2015
The approximate cost of the course is (subject to change):
- Tuition and fees
- Scrubs for clinical, stethoscope, gait belt, etc.
Total cost - $1,200
Non-credit courses are not eligible for financial aid
Students will be required to pay for a background check (approx. $45) and required drug testing (approx. $45), immunizations (cost varies), CPR training (cost varies) and parking pass (approx. $25).
List of Disqualifying Crimes
After course completion, student will be responsible for testing fees for the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) include:
- Application to test - $106
- Fingerprinting - $52
- Chemeketa student identification number and Chemeketa email address.
- Successful completion of RD090 or placement into RD115 via Chemeketa's placement test or proof of completing an Associate Degree or equivalent credits or higher.
- Successful completion of CPR Certification - American Heart Association "Healthcare Provider Level". Please see application for more information.
- Attendance at Mandatory Orientation, passing the Criminal Background Check and required Drug Screen, and completing required immunizations.
- Mandatory Orientation for applicants accepted into the class. Please see application for date and time.
- Commitment to being at every class session and clinical session.
- Reliable transportation
Basic Nurse Assistant (CNA1) at Yamhill Valley campus
Next class at Yamhill will be offered Spring term 2015. Click HERE for general information flyer
Applications for spring class will be accepted starting February 9th, 2015. Download and print off the application HERE
Certified Nurse Assistant 2 (CNA2) Acute Care Program at Yamhill Valley Campus (not offered at the Salem Campus)
NO CLASSES SCHEDULED AT THIS TIME OR IN THE FUTURE. CURRENTLY UNDERGOING CURRICULUM CHANGES TO BE IN COMPLIANCE WITH OSBN REGULATIONS.
CNA 2 General Information Flyer
Applicants are also welcome to go the Oregon State Board of Nursing website at www.osbn.state.or.us to find a listing of all the Basic Nurse Assistant (CNA1) and CNA2 courses offered in the state.
Call the Health Sciences office at 503.399.5058.
If questions regarding testing, call the Testing Center at 503.399.6556.