Basic Nurse Assistant (CNA1/CNA2)
The Basic Nurse Assistant course is a non-credit course normally offered every term (summer, fall, winter, and spring) on Chemeketa's Salem campus as a night class 3 nights per week(Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday) from 3:30 - 9:00 pm.
Accepting applications for fall beginning Thursday, September 4, 2014
Beginning at 8:00 am in Building 8, Room 114
(The campus is closed until the doors open at 6:00am. Standing in line will not be allowed before 6:00am.)
Fall Term begins September 29, 2014
The approximate cost of the course is (subject to change):
- Tuition and fees
- Scrubs for clinical, stethoscope, gait belt, etc.
Non-credit courses are not eligible for financial aid
Students will be required to pay for a background check (approx. $45) and required drug testing (approx. $45), immunizations (cost varies), CPR training (cost varies) and parking pass (approx. $25).
After course completion, student will be responsible for testing fees for the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) include:
- Application to test—$106
- Chemeketa student identification number
- Successful completion of RD090 or placement into RD115 via Chemeketa's placement test or proof of completing an Associate Degree or equivalent credits or higher.
- Successful completion of CPR Certification - American Heart Association "Healthcare Provider Level". Please see application for more information.
- Attendance at Mandatory Orientation, passing the Criminal Background Check and required Drug Screen, and completing required immunizations.
- Mandatory Orientation for applicants accepted into the class is September 29, 2014.
- Commitment to being at every class session and clinical session.
- Reliable transportation
Basic Nurse Assistant (CNA1) at Yamhill Valley campus
Fall Term 2014 CNA 1 Information Flyer
Fall Term 2014 CNA 1 Yamhill Application
Certified Nurse Assistant 2 (CNA2) Acute Care Program at Yamhill Valley Campus (not offered at the Salem Campus)
CNA 2 General Information Flyer
Applicants are also welcome to go the Oregon State Board of Nursing website at www.osbn.state.or.us to find a listing of all the Basic Nurse Assistant (CNA1) and CNA2 courses offered in the state.
Call the Health Sciences office at 503.399.5058.
If questions regarding testing, call the Testing Center at 503.399.6556.