Qualified trainees for your business
Your work-site training can create skilled, employable workers in your industry and help participating trainees reach their potential.
What Is Occupational Skills Training?
- OST is an effective, economical, work-based training program that prepares individuals for successful employment
- With a curriculum designed for a career appropriate for their skills, abilities and interests, students learn employable skills at a work-site from the experts in the field
- Participants may earn college credit and will achieve a Certificate of Completion by successfully completing program requirements
A non-paid OST intern can mean -
- A trainee who can apply skills learned to assist in the workplace
- A trainee fully covered by Workmen’s Comp. Insurance through Chemeketa Community College
- A well-trained potential employee for your company if you choose to hire them upon completion of the program
As an occupational skills training site, you will -
- Assist in developing an individualized training plan
- Provide quality instruction, feedback and supervision to a trainee for skills needed in the field
- Provide trainee evaluations including completion of monthly progress reports and participation in quarterly on-site evaluations with Chemeketa's OST Coordinator