Qualified student for your business
Your work-site training can create skilled, employable workers in your industry and help participating student reach their potential.
What Is Occupational Skills Training?
- OST is an effective, economical, work-based training program that prepares individuals for successful employment
- With a curriculum designed for a career appropriate to their skills, abilities and interests, students learn employable skills at a work-site from the experts in the field
- Participants will earn college credit and may achieve a Certificate of Completion by successfully completing program requirements
A non-paid OST intern can mean -
- A student who can apply skills learned to assist in the workplace
- A student fully covered by Workmen’s Comp. Insurance through Chemeketa Community College
- A well-trained potential employee for your company if you choose to hire them upon completion of the program
- Satisfaction of helping a student achieve their goals
Expectations of an Occupational Skills Training site -
- Provide input in development of individualized training objectives
- Provide quality instruction, feedback and supervision
- Participate in training evaluations including completion of monthly progress reports and quarterly on-site evaluations