Occupational Skills Training for Referral Agencies
Chemeketa’s OST program provides individuals the opportunity to earn employable skills through hands-on experience on a work site. Students learn under the instruction of a qualified site supervisor and are monitored by a Chemeketa faculty coordinator.
About the Program -
- Individualized training according to students needs and industry standards
- Open-enrollment (open entry) – start training any time of the year
- Grades are given each term based on attendance, progress reports and evaluation of objectives
- Students are covered by Chemeketa’s Workers Compensation
- Employers are not obligated to hire their student but many do so
- Student may earn a Certificate of Completion by meeting program requirements
Is there a charge for OST?
Tuition and fees apply - OST is a credit-based program that can be full or part time. Credits per term are based on the total number of contact hours at the training site.
Certain career goals may require additional charges to cover the cost of required materials, certifications or background checks.
How do I refer a prospective student?
- If you think you have a prospective OST student, call us to discuss further
- Prospective students may attend our weekly orientation sessions held at 10am Tuesdays in Bldg 2, Rm 115 (call to confirm).
- Case managers may call for an individual appointment.