Chemeketa's Welding Technology program offers three- and six-term welding fabrication programs that combine class work with hands-on training needed by those in welding occupations.
Students Completing the Three-Term Certificate Will:
- Set up and operate manual and semi-automatic welding and cutting equipment used in the metal fabrication industry
- Perform basic layout and fabrication skills to produce welded metal parts and products
- Read and interpret engineering drawings to American Welding Society standards
- Use welding process and procedure applications
- Apply basic metallurgy knowledge to fabrication processes
- Perform as a team member and practice skills that reflect professional and ethical behavior in the workplace
In Addition to the Certificate Outcomes, Students Completing the AAS Will:
- Perform basic set-ups and operations for manual and computer numeric controlled machining equipment
- Design and carry out planning procedures for machining purposes
- Select and use tools and equipment to manufacture, measure, and inspect parts in a machining environment
Does welding sound like a career for you? Take a look at our curriculum and prerequisite requirements and our program course descriptions for more details on what we offer.
For more information, e-mail or call 503.399.6059.